Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Eddie Kidd
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bravo, sir, bravo.

Mr Kidd’s wife Sami said…”If there’s anyone out there that is disabled, or injured or sick, get some inspiration from this and don’t give up”

jon1973
    Free Member

Former boxer Michael Watson presented Kidd with his finisher’s medal.

That was a nice touch. Didn’t Michael Watson do a similar thing a few years back?

Bez

Chapeau indeed.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13666115

“He’s been exhausted and frustrated and made up his own swear words because he’s run out of the normal ones to use.”

🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Wow.

herusix
    Free Member

Big up to the man,massive willpower and perseverance to achieve that.

scaredypants

yeah, just heard on the radio – brilliant

(did Brian the snail make it too ?)

iDave
    Free Member

Before his injury he planned to jump one of the great pyramids. I saw a documentary where we was on the back of a bike with his brother in law and they made a little ramp and jumped a pyramid tea bag in the garden. I may have got something in my eye when he was really excited.

Can’t means won’t.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When asked what he would do when he completed the marathon he said “Everest”

Gulp

Remember we have our own Eddie Kidd in PetesGaff. Mark is on a similar journey but one with are far darker finishing line.

If Eddie made you gulp and think you should do something then go to this site and do it : http://www.justgiving.com/TeamBullheart

Tag it with STW or your user name so Mark realizes what he means to us

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

incredible

i particularly like this:

She had particular praise for people who came out to support him in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe.

“They brought him a new rucksack. They’ve been doing our dirty washing. They had nothing and they were giving £10 and £20. In the City they just gave pennies.

“I just wanted to say thank you to the people in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe. We’ll never forget you as long as we live.”

Those poor bankers who lost their bonuses only to have them made up by massive wage increases should read this and take a long hard look at themselves (possibly on the way out of the 36th floor window)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Good stuff. He nearly ran me and me dad over in his Vauxhall Frontera before one of his stunt shows.

Top man.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well done indeed.

Sadly I hadn’t even realised he had been injured in the first place 🙁

Got to say he looks pretty good still though – he must be well into his 50s now???

woodsman
    Free Member

I remember he put on a show at Redhill park/football ground (when it was near the station) in the 70’s. We couldn’t afford to get in, but we watched some of it from a high point in the road looking over the wall into the park. Myself and a few mates on made up ‘tracker bikes’ as we called them, rode the three miles – must have been under 10 years old then. He had massive status in the UK, the Evil Knevil thing along with Kung-FU, skate boards etc was huge – he was our English equivalent of EK!

BermBandit
    Free Member

Glass half full kind of a guy IMHO. Top bloke

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Eddie Kidd’ is closed to new replies.