Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Eddie Izzard – I reckon it was a job well done
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No idea how much his runs made towards the total (didn't see all of the programme last night) but it certainly seemed to be effective. My mum, a pensioner and widow, called today for a chat and told me she donated £50 because she was so moved by what he achieved. She is 69 next month and it is the first time she has done anything else than put change in a tin.

Well done Eddie and well done mum

🙂

ton

agree, hat's off to the bloke 8)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Over a million and yea, he took on a proper challenge and stuck to it. Well done.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the boy done good!

naokfreek
    Free Member

Crazy stuff!! well done indeed, a complete nutter!!

Innes
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard and Helen Skelton both did amazingly well I think. Both took on really big challenges and did themselves proud.

Mounty_73

I have watched 2 episodes, was it the third one last night? I have really enjoyed watching it, fair play to the guy…

I am just about to watch the sport relief cycle JOGLE…

brakes
    Free Member

They both look good in a dress, but Helen Skelton would get my donation* every time

*meat

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

bakes – Member
    They both look good in a dress, but Helen Skelton would get my donation* every time
    *meat
    POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

but I would rather sit in a pub and have a pint with eddie 🙂

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I watched the first 2 programmes but haven't seen last night's yet.

What he did is verging on unbelievable. He was going very very slow, but he was actually running. For someone with no running background it must have been very very tough. Also in the first couple of programmes his feet were a real mess with blisters – very very painful.

OTOH he obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder. If you look at some of the other things he has done in his life (learning foreign languages in order to do standup in other countries!) they are preposterous, but he obviously he can't get by without setting himself impossible things to do.

Trimix
    Free Member

Way better than the other "challenges" some did for sponsorship. Inspirational.

AlasdairMc

I much prefer Sport Relief to 'Comic' Relief, the challenges are difficult and far better than some has-been celebrity sitting in a bath of baked beans. Hats off to Dallaglio too

pstokes99
    Free Member

a truly amazing physical achievement for a truly worthy cause.

finbar
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard was absolutely amazing. Objectively there is no way on Earth he should have been able to do it. But he went ahead and did it anyway.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As a waterskier, I can't believe it would be possible to ski for 20+ miles, especially on sea waves. Maybe she (the one off the one show) took breaks, was on large skis and/or being pulled slowly, but her back,legs and shoulders must have been knackered by halfway.

Bunnyhop

Christine Bleakley was the water skier and as far as I know she did it all in one go, falling once every mile for the first 10, then she got strong and relaxed and went for the whole Channel crossing.

I still can't believe that Eddie Izzard ran 43 marathons in 51 day's, truely amazing. Should he be knighted? Yes, imo.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Should he be knighted? Yes, imo

tick

monkeychild
    Free Member

I loved it when he scooted in for a maccy d's mid run.

Bunnyhop

I liked the 'ice cream' van on constant duty 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Eddie Izzard – I reckon it was a job well done’ is closed to new replies.