Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Edale Route – Cut gate route advice
  • Stainypants

Hi,

Staying in Edale on Saturday night and planning an long (for me) ride.

Below is a crude picture of the route i was planning, am I missing anything not bothered about descending the beast. I wanted to include a stop at fairholmes and a pub stop in langsett.

MrNice
    Free Member

If your picture worked I might comment on your route but if you’re missing both the beast and potato alley then you want to rethink

jeffl

Can’t see the picture but we’ve had 2 days of solid rain over the weekend. Check with keeper of the peak closer to the weekend to see how cut gate is holding up.

Stainypants

I’ll try again

Artillerydave
    Free Member

You’ve got some good bits in, but the mid portion of both the left and right side of your loop are going in the wrong direction in my opinion.

You’re better climbing Rowlee farm, then descending Lockerbrook, then following your loop up to Cut Gate.

The Cutgate portion is ace, and there is a nice pub with beer garden on the main road in Langsett for your pub stop, then on the return leg when you get back to Ladybower end climb up the slabs to Whinstone Le Tor, then descent Jack Bridge, and down to the Ladybower inn. Then finish your return leg.

It’ll be a good loop, Cutgate both ways is my favourite bit of Peaks trail.

Stainypants

Thanks Dave good call get to descend Potato Alley if I do it that way which I’ve not done before.

Nick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Edale Route – Cut gate route advice’ is closed to new replies.