Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Ed Sheeran! Thief/entrepreneur!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

At what point did he become so ridiculously popular. Wife and dear daughter have just informed me the tickets today that sold out in seconds were nearly 80 quid each for bog standard seating 😯

mudshark
    Free Member

Princess Beatrice wasn’t impressed with him.

jam-bo

well he did steal precious…

nealglover
    Free Member

23rd June 2014.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Plagiarist of the highest “Hors d’oeuvre”

tthew

It’s one thing the original tickets being expensive, but now there are hundreds on resellers websites at 10x the cost, (according to SWMBO who wanted to go and see him)

There should be something done about that, it’s not like these are genuinely spare tickets being sold by people who can’t go for a reasonable reason.

DezB
    Free Member

£80 ? people are idiots with their money. Well done him for taking advantage of them.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Conman.
    string pLucking vacuous chasm.

scotroutes

I’ve just had the same complaint from my daughter. The best solution would be for fans to boycott the scammers.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ginger ****!
    I’ve had a few beers.
    My wife is a ginner!
    No prejudice….

DezB
    Free Member

The best solution would be for fans to boycott the scammers.

Yep, boycott Sheeran!

wrightyson
    Free Member

He’s not that good looking is he? Listen to his “music” maybe but see his face? Cmon, Danny mccaskill is better looking and equally talented in his genre. I’m mighty pissed about paying for dd (that’s not the ever missing floorer I’m on about either) to go see him as she’s been brought up on festivals and local music etc but the teen franchise train is a hard locomotive to stop….

wallop

Oh lighten up, you lot 😆

Life would be pretty dull if we all liked the same ginger.

It’s basic supply and demand – you may not understand it but more people want to see Ed Sheeran in the flesh than they do Danny MacAskill.

(And it’s not all about looks, you know – look how many people went to Black Sabbath gigs).

uponthedowns
    Free Member

He’s done amazingly well with the limited talents at his disposal. Seems to be always singing the same song over and over again.

See also Ellie Goulding the female equivalent of Sheeran

wallop

Or is he the Mick Hucknall of the 21st century?

Northwind

This was good though

Toddboy
    Free Member

Full marks to wallop.

kerley
    Free Member

He worked hard to get where he is (many years doing gigs at loss, sleeping on any available sofa etc,.)
    He is not overly interested in money (and gives a lot away)
    He is not responsible for a reseller asking £1000 for one of his tickets.

Doesn’t do much for me personally but can’t see a problem with him?

RustySpanner

Maybe if people still bought music instead of stealing it, gigs would be cheaper?

Daffy

I like his music, he seems pretty unpretentious, he recently capped all of his ticket prices so there was no VIP pricing (£80 max or some such), he gives a lot to charity, does lots for his friends and fans and has earned his success.

He’s not responsible for touting, but has publicly condemned it (yesterday) along with many others.

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Maybe if people still bought music instead of stealing it, gigs would be cheaper?

Do people steal music these days?

scotroutes

Surely the artist has some responsibility for the channels through which their tickets are sold – certainly those at his level? Yes, I understand that management and promoters are involved but can’t agencies obtaining large numbers of tickets on day 1 can be stopped by limiting the number of tickets sold to each buyer?

metalheart
    Free Member

Tickets are sold through ticket agencies. It’s all stitched up.

The ex worked in a record shop that sold tickets. They had endless demands, I doubt the shop made any money off them. In fact they sounded like a bunch of scammers to me

A right bunch of twunts.

Don’t be expecting them to do the right thing!

Individual artists can’t really dictate, they get boycotted basically. Unless of course you’re Fugazi or some shit and sell them yourselves…. 😀

ads678

I like him and his music, he can play loads of instruments, is a good song writer and has a decent voice. But I understand it’s cool to hate the big chart sellers sometimes. I can’t stand coldplay!!

I think £80 is expensive but he’s not on his own with charging that much.

The industry should do something about touts, but it’s not confined to music gigs either. I thought touting was illegal, but nobody seems to give a shit.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don’t get what dim Charlotte from Rochdale is bleating about.

According to tthew her tickets are now worth so much she could buy a new car.

nealglover
    Free Member

But I understand it’s cool to hate the big chart sellers sometimes.

This is my go to place to find out what is currently cool for past it, middle aged blokes to not like.

gobuchul
    Free Member

That Charlotte girl is just thick.

It’s quite clear from the screen shot in article how much the tickets cost.

core

Most of his music does sound the same, and comprises fast talking mixed with average singing over a guitar melody you feel like you’ve heard before on first listening.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

He’s probably reaping the whirlwind for encouraging people to download his music for free in the early part of his career and verbally supporting/appeasing the piracy market, so needs to do some catching up on the earnings front now he’s older, wiser and not such a right-on naive kid. But I guess in the early part of your career you’re much more likely to build up a fan base quickly by giving your music away for free.

He’s probably been chatting to Amy MacDonald. She’s been working it hard, obviously as much of a shrewd business woman as a talented song writer and performer, driving about in her Ferrari’s and Lamborghini’s. Not bad considering I don’t think I can name or think of one of her songs – but then since Top of the Pops stopped airing I’ve sort of lost track of current pop music.

DezB
    Free Member

So why is it the artists that are already bloody loaded who charge the most for their gigs? They just respond to what their idiot fans are prepared to pay.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I don’t really like his music, but at least he writes it himself and can play an instrument.
    Compare this to One Direction who are zillionaires from standing singing someone else’s song and I can’t help but think that he (almost) deserves it?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

On another level, I feel that £210 for seats at the Royal Opera House is an outrage too, but I can’t find that thread.

the-muffin-man

£210 Opera seats are a crafty ruse to keep the likes of Charlotte out!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

😆

nickc

So why is it the artists that are already bloody loaded who charge the most for their gigs?

you seem like a smart bloke, you can probably work it out.

jonnyboi

£200 to see a Harry Potter play… people seem to be fairly selective in their outrage at capitalism on here.

bearnecessities

We’re just thinking out loud.

DezB
    Free Member

you seem like a smart bloke, you can probably work it out.

Notice I was responding to someone I quoted – that’s me asking them the question, in response to their post. You seem like a smart bloke, you should be able to work that out.

flossie
    Free Member

For every Edd Sheeran charging £80 per ticket, there are another 200 less/same/more talented artists barely scraping a living who need support. Gigs don’t have to be expensive, our regular trips to the Manchester venues usually have ticket prices of between £15-£30. It’s a cheap night out.
    Would I pay £70-£80 for tickets to see an absolute favourite? Absolutely!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Ed Sheeran! Thief/entrepreneur!’ is closed to new replies.