Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ECU repairs/reconditiong
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Morning peeps. The ecu has failed on a Fiat doblo I have bought. Can anyone recommend anywhere that fix’s/recondition’s them?

thomthumb
    Free Member

had an audi TT one done by BBA reman. was very happy with the service/ result.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Scrapyard? Got to be the same model and spec more or less.
    Out of interest how has the ECU failure been diagnosed?

dooosuk
    Free Member

molgrips loves ECU problems!

turbo1397
    Free Member

@bigyinn- long story short. I am staying in Greece now and looked at a doblo. Bought it then lost all function from the accelerator pedal. Took it to garage, they then sent it to someone else who deal in ECU remapping. http://www.mega-speed.gr . They say it is a common problem on fiats and has to do with the signal from the throttle body.. 😕

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bugger.
    Don’t ask molgrips advice, otherwise you’ll end up with a clown car for a year, piss off garage mechanics in the process etc etc/

andysredmini
    Free Member

Dont just buy a used one from a scrapyard. A lot of cars have other systems coded into the ecu and cant be reprogrammed on one previously used on another car. I had a problem with an astra ecu and nearly found out the hard way that systems like the ignition and central locking are are all tied into it and would become unusable. The options were a repair or new one. It may not be true as i scrapped the car and never found out but it would be worth investigating

turbo1397
    Free Member

I’ve been in contact with

Engine Control Unit

They have given me a price of £190+vat to recondition it if it’s doable..
    Just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar done and where?
    Thanks

spooky_b329

You can normally buy a secondhand ECU, then get them to a remap type place to clone the old one. Just make sure they clone it the right way!. Vantuner does it by post but he might only stick to vans. Obviously they should be able to advise if there are issues like redmini says.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ECU repairs/reconditiong’ is closed to new replies.