Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ecommerce website options
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

Looking at setting up a small ecommerce website, does anyone have any recommendations on who to use?

4ndyB
    Free Member

http://www.artsgraphica.com

One of my best mates, he’s very good at what he does too and he’s a MTB’er in his spare time

david123
    Free Member

Hi there sparky, you could have a look at http://www.shopzuma.com
    Pretty good and easy to use system they have and you can take it for a test drive first before choosing which monthly option you want to go for.
    hope that helps
    cheers
    David

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, looks good but it’s only a very small enterprise so looking for minimal outlay.

Any other recommendations on something I can self build a site from, it’ll be fairly small with say only 15-20 products.

xiphon
    Free Member

OSCommerce – free, and easy to use.

You need some level of tech ability though to set it up, although an IT friend could easily set it up for you.

woody74

If you want something quick and easy then use Paypal and just add buttons and cart onto web pages. We started off this way just using iWeb on the mac. Very quick and easy to get something up and running. Other options are things like Shopify but you have to pay a monthly fee as well as a transaction fee. Drop me an email and I can give some advice as I have gone through this in the last year or two.

Also look at
    Magento
    Vollusion
    Big cartel

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Yeah Woody I was thinking of going that route, build a simple website and use PP as the shopping basket.

Would something like wix.cm be a good option to go for if I took this route?

Dobbo

You could use Drupal & Ubercart or something like that if you do a bit of webdesign yourself, be up and running in no time, you can integrate PP into that for payment if you want.

woody74

Wix.com would be alright but it generates a flash website so not compatible with iPhones, iPads, etc. All depends on what you are selling. For us as we sell iPad accessories this was a no no.

Moonfruit is another flash website builder that is easy to use

My advice would be go with something really easy as you will learn so much and have so many ideas when you design it that you will want to to change it in the future anyway. If your business is successful then before you know it it will be the back end administration of sales that you will be more interested in as this is where loads of time is taken up. We are looking at a redesign so that we can get a e-commerce back end that deals with shipping labels, invoices, notification email, etc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ecommerce website options’ is closed to new replies.