Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Echo dot amazon music question.
  • zippykona

I can upgrade my Prime account for £7.99 a month to get Unlimited Music or buy a dot for £39.99 and pay £3.99.
    Is the only way to listen to music via the Dot or can I listen on my phone on the way to work?

flashinthepan
    Free Member

You can use your phone or pc to listen to Amazon music through their App.

Good luck getting an Echo Dot at the moment!

zippykona

Expanding my thoughts even further …if I got a blue tooth adaptor for my non blue tooth telly could i use an Echo as a speaker as our telly speaker is on the way out?

scaredypants

echo *dot* has a pretty weedy speaker

zippykona

Thinking of a full size Echo.

Drac

Yes you can connect them to a Bluetooth recieiver plugged into another device, not sure about your TV though but might well work.

riddoch

The £3.99 is specifically to get amazon music unlimited on a single dot or echo, music unlimited has more tracks available than prime, 20 million vs 4 million.

zippykona

So the music is just on the echo then for £3.99. To have it on my phone would still be £7.99?

richardkennerley

Yep, for £3.99 it is just a single device, not even two echo’s linked to the same account in the same house!! (I’ve tried)

scaredypants

if you’re thinking of buying a full size echo, then it’s not going to be £39.99

Poopscoop

Just to be random, doesn’t the Google Home have access to around 10x the music tracks the Eco does via Amazon?

Think trusted reviews mention it?

I’ve got the Google home on the way but not really going to use it for music that much. Initially anyway.

richardkennerley

Apparently you get 40,000,000 songs with echo plan. Quite a lot, but I have found some stuff Alexa can’t play!

muddyground
    Free Member

You can buy decent used TV’s these days for not much more than an adaptor would cost you. Our TV was £50 with all the bells and whistles.

Drac

But you’d still need an adapter to connect it to your TV. 😕

zippykona

It was just the unlimited music for £3.99 that tempted me. I’ll just have to get my head around spending £6.58 instead!

muddyground
    Free Member

….the TV is a red herring 😀

scaredypants

zippy, you want access to “new” music or just what you already own ?

mymedia for alexa lets you stream your own stuff to the echo from a pc on your home network – 5 dollars for a year

beyond that, I’d have thought spotify (etc) on your phone and bluetooth to the echo

zippykona

Want to listen to new music. Even with an apple music trial I still buy cds.
    In the shop we don’t listen to the radio anymore except for listen again of Richard Searling Northern Soul.
    It would be good to make an ever expanding play list of the music on his show.
    Listening to one show and I must have 20 songs I want.

GrahamS

You could go for Spotify instead, which will play via Alexa but also via other devices too.

zippykona

Does Spotify have more songs?
    It costs more.

GrahamS

I take it you know that you already get quite a few albums via Prime?

https://music.amazon.co.uk

Not as extensive as Unlimited or other services, but not bad.

Drac

You get 2 million with Amazon Music (free one) sounds a lot but rather unsurprisingly it is quite poor.

zippykona

Just about everything you want is magically not available on the normal amazon music.
    The apple music trial has been good for finding different christmas music.

muddyground
    Free Member

Got both the mini and the big Echo. Didn’t like the sound from the big one at all, so bought a Bluetooth adaptor for my Roberts radio. Now just use whatever is the cheapest music stream, little dot connected to the big radio. Means when I get bored of listening to my sad music choice, can go random via Alexa or even sadder via Fix Radio. Rather a round about way of doing what Sonos has done.

GrahamS

Just about everything you want is magically not available on the normal amazon music.

I find that Alexa can be a bit hit and miss when trying to find albums on Amazon Music, sometimes claiming you need Music Unlimited for albums that are actually there on normal Prime.

I think if you add those albums to “My Music” (free) then she suddenly does a much better job of finding them.

You get 2 million with Amazon Music (free one) sounds a lot but rather unsurprisingly it is quite poor.

It’s not great. Pink Floyd but no Led Zeppelin.
    But they probably have enough Dire Straits and Status Quo to keep the dads on here happy 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Echo dot amazon music question.’ is closed to new replies.