Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ecclestone's lost the plot!
  • scotabroad

Artificial rain in F1

Good old Bernie wants to introduce artificial rain into F1 now to spice it up a bit.

Jamie
    Free Member

The best way to spice it up would be, oh….I dunno…..reduce the number of wheels down from 4 to 2 perhaps?

8)

…..oh and jumps.

tiggs121
    Free Member

The “sport” certainly needs something.

I’d introduce slow moving vehicles – tractors, horseboxes, caravans, road rollers etc, maybe a pedestrian crossing, some badly parked taxis, and children playing.

scotabroad

The best way to spice it up would be, oh….I dunno…..reduce the number of wheels down from 4 to 2 perhaps?

Very true I watched the World Superbike this weekend and the second race especially was just incredible watching Biaggi et al thrashing these bikes at close quarters round Philip Island.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I reckon they should ‘Wipeout’ it up, rockets, mines, those cool pads on the floor (off the racing line) that make you go quicker. Would make it far more exciting.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He has a point (albeit a mad one) – there is nothing better than having torrential rain downpours forecast for race day.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

😆 If it wasn’t such a good idea it would make bernie look as crazy as he seems!

thepurist

Mr E just throws stuff like that out there to get a reaction from the press – like his medals scheme that he’s still banging on about in that interview. That article doesn’t cover the one remarkable* thing he said – that he could see a woman running F1 in 3-5 years time. So reading between the lines that could mean he may start that process once the new Concorde agreement is signed (mid 2012). Unlikely to be handing it down to one of the kids though.

And as for the above comments, last season was a belter and this season is set up well with new tyres which seem to degrade much fatser than the Bridgestones, so a lot of the tactical stuff that makes wet races unpredictable will come into play all the time.

* – ETA – it’s remarkable because he said he’d never retire, not because he said it would be a woman.

retro83
    Free Member

Stop changing the rules and introducing gimmicks every flipping season would be a start. 2010 was cracking IMHO apart from the Tilke-bore tracks (though the new US GP track looks great!)

Stuey01
    Free Member

We’ve got mushrooms (kers).
    I wanna know when we’re gonna get red shells, banana skins and ghosts.

elliptic
    Free Member

He’s nicked my idea!

I’ve been saying the same thing to anyone who’ll listen for years 😀 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ecclestone's lost the plot!’ is closed to new replies.