Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ebooks?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

ok oh great STW fountain of all knowledge:

I’ve been recommended ‘Incendiary’ written by Chris Cleave, where’s a good place to buy it from? and whats the best ebook reader?

Hairychested
    Free Member

A book needs paper! My wife wanted an e-book reader, checked them out, found Sony to be best and… decided to read real books instead.

Russell96

I use Stanza on my Ipod Touch, just did a search on that title and Fictionwise and BooksOnBoard both supply it for Stanza.

Flaperon

I have one of the Sony Readers. I’ve spent the last 4 years with no fixed address, and wherever I went I accumulated books (boxes and boxes of them…). After being forced to leave £150 worth of hardcovers in America, I stumped up for the Reader.

One of the best things I’ve ever bought. Millions of books on Sony’s US site, countless more available online, and even more available for free (Heart of Darkness, etc). Even better, many of the books I already own are up for grabs on more dubious websites, and I have those with me now too.

My Reader has over 80 books on it, along with a daily digest of all the Guardian web articles, and a couple of gigabytes of music. Cannot recommend it highly enough, although if you have somewhere to keep your books I can’t really see the point of buying one.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nutt; I’ve got ‘120 days of Sodom’, by the Marquis de Sade, if you want a copy.

It’s not very pleasant.

MrNutt
    Free Member

well I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and used it on my MBP, bought the ebook from a1books.com I’ve now read Incendiary by Chris Cleave, not a bad book by any means, seems to lose its way a little but all in all an entertaining read. Rudeboy you’d like it (its all about London etc) and I’ll take you up on the Marquis! cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ebooks?’ is closed to new replies.