Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • eBid v eBay
  • Frankers
    Free Member

Anyone used eBid to sell anything yet??

Costs seem a lot lower but not sure about security, coverage, general use etc.

ratherbeintobago

Not used ebid, but might consider it if they extend the auction if a late bid is received, which some auction sites do.

Andy

jota180
    Free Member

extend the auction if a late bid is received, which some auction sites do.

Yahoo used to do that – it’s a pain in the arse for buyers and many just didn’t bother with it, which meant the sellers went too
    Ebay binned it when they bought them up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ratherbeintobago

it’s a pain in the arse for buyers

I’m not sure that’s true. Being sniped is also a PITA.

Andy

jota180
    Free Member

If you’re the type that increments their bid in response to another bid, then yes it could be a PITA

But no one in their right mind does that
    You bid your maximum as late as you can, if you’re sniped it’s because someone was willing to pay more

mudshark
    Free Member

jota180 dissing ratherbeintobago…fight!

ratherbeintobago

But no one in their right mind does that

I don’t think we’re going to agree on this. However, to my mind the fact that sniping is possible is a flaw in the design of eBay. If you go to a public auction, bidding continues until the true highest bid is achieved. I can’t see why online auctions should be different.

Andy

robowns
    Free Member

Its snipe or be sniped. I love the fact that you can snipe at the last second to increase the chance of a bargain. If you dont like it, bid on an item that ends at a time which is suitable for you, or bid higher.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘eBid v eBay’ is closed to new replies.