• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by xora.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ebay/postage rates: easily confused girl
  • cinnamon_girl

Help please, wise ones. I have two items each weighing around 1.5kg unwrapped and Royal Mail postage is £12 which obviously won’t encourage any bidding. Checked out current listings for same items and postage varies between £5 and £20.

Spent some time checking other companies and cheaper options would include myHermes which has a poor reputation when it comes to customer service. Items too large for CollectPlus. Needs to be signed for with item value covered.

Are there any companies cheaper than RM but better than mH?

Thanks awfully for any words of wisdom. 🙂

bigblackshed

Try Parcels2Go. A broker house that gives you lots of options. Get a quote from various couriers, you just choose which one you want.

Parcels2Go

cinnamon_girl

Thanks bigblackshed, are there any couriers to avoid?

handyman153
    Free Member

We always use Parcel Monkey, and they seem to be the cheapest company by far..

They will do UPS, TNT, DPD and Parcelforce all of which are good choices.
    If you want to drop the parcels off go for Parcelforce (Post Offices), or DPD which is just random shops like Matalan.

A quick look which a parcel weighing 2KG (1.5KG + packaging) would cost you £7.14 via DPD or £9 via parcelforce.

How much are the items worth?
    We use Hermes for anything up to £50 (ish), and have 1 issue in every 250 parcels… They really aren’t that bad!

Don’t use DX – We have had many issue with them, and would always pay £2 extra to use a more reputable company

Josh

nwmlarge
    Free Member

parcel monkey and then chose the second cheapest.

Paisley Freight have always been excellent for me.

Alphabet

I sent something out yesterday that was 4.5kg with Parcelforce 48 hour delivery for about £7.50 but the total length+width+height must be less than 1.5M. You can drop it off at your local Post Office.

cinnamon_girl

Brilliant stuff, thank you all! Amazed that parcels can be dropped off in random places, DX will be avoided then and I’ve not had a problem with receiving goods via Hermes but nervous due to the online reviews.

STW to the rescue again. 😀

xora

Agree with DX commentary, they are a whole new level of useless. They offer 24hour delivery. The trouble is it does not say anywhere which 24 hours they meant (ie stuff on next day delivery typically seems to take upto 7 days).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ebay/postage rates: easily confused girl’ is closed to new replies.