Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ebay/Paypal advice needed!
  • daveg2
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’m relatively new to selling on ebay so any advice on the following issue would be much appreciated.

After selling an item I always message the buyer and to check the shipping address they have given is correct. In this instance, the buyer has noticed a mistake in the postcode (the final letter is wrong). I asked him to update his address which he claims to have done, however the address on both the ‘print postage label’ and paypal label have not been updated.

I don’t want to post to an address different to the ‘confirmed’ address on his ebay/paypal (even if it’s just one letter), but at the same time I don’t want to post to the wrong address!

The house number, road name, town and county are all right, it’s just the last letter in the post code.

e.g.
    right address:
    J. Bloggs
    123 cinema st.
    town,
    City,
    County
    AB12 2AA

wrong address:
    J. Bloggs
    123 cinema st.
    town,
    City,
    County
    AB12 2AB

Is there a way of updating his confirmed postage address?

If I post to the wrong address, will it still get to the right house?

What should/can I do?

Many Thanks,
    Dave

andrewh
    Free Member

Just post it without putting the postcode on. It may annoy the bloke in the sorting office a bit but otherwise will be fine.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just post it without putting the postcode on. It may annoy the bloke in the sorting office a bit but otherwise will be fine.

This. You can put the first bit, eg AB12, if you know it is right, that’ll help.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I think you’re worrying about nothing. Just send it recorded and it’ll be fine I’m sure.

If you really are that worried, write the incorrect, confirmed postcode on the package…I’m sure the sorting office will work it out.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Quick search of the postcode/street on google maps will confirm which is correct. Best putting on the registered one, as it is what is registered. Anyway street/house number will take precedent.

trebord
    Free Member

Royal mail website has a postcode checker. At least this’ll tell you which is correct..

daveg2
    Free Member

Thanks for the advise, always wanting to be sure!

I think I’ll probably ship to the first 4 letters of the postcode.

Do you reckon I can reference singletrack advice if it all goes wrong… 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ebay/Paypal advice needed!’ is closed to new replies.