Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • eBay,other address issue,(paranoid content)
  • ricky1
    Free Member

I have something for sale and I had a msg last night saying that iff the item was bought would I be able to send it to a different address to his/hers paypal address as they were staying with a family member for an “extended period of time”.
    This person is probably trustworthy and speaks the truth and probably wants to buy my item but I can’t help worrying that I have minimum protection as a buyer and no protection at all iff I send it to another address so I ended the item I ncase they bought it and put me in a compromising position ,now I’ve had a msg asking why I’ve ended the auction so I’ve just stated that they can still have the item but just gift me the money and I’ll send it to the other address.
    I’ve heard of stories where the item has been sent to another address and buyer has been refunded due to item not arriving ………..I don’t think I’m paranoid but you might?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In general, play by the rules. Nobody can really fault you for that.

sandwicheater

Be paranoid. I don’t sell much but go by the rule of thumb ‘don’t trust anyone’. I’d only post to registered paypal address. I assume if they are at a different address they can update there paypal account.

Cougar

“Dear prospective buyer,

No.

Love and kisses,

Ricky.”

Could be a hacked Paypal account.

ricky1
    Free Member

That’s what I though sandwich,I think you can update your address info.im finding trusting people harder and harder as life goes on,it’s a shame really because I am quite a trusting person but saying that I do generally end up with the sh?£Ty end of the stick due to my trusting people,thank for galvanising my paranoia chaps I’ll sleep better.

ricky1
    Free Member

Cougar you maybe right,I didn’t think of that,I think the kisses will scare them away cheers.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I think you lose all protection yourself from paypal if you don’t send to the registered address. Probably not worth it.

bungle

Why not just tell the buyer to register the other address with PayPal?

I buy stuff on Ebay and can get it delivered to home/work x 2 (mail or courier)/parents/in-laws no probs…

IA

Ditto the above, if I’m buying on ebay/elsewhere with paypal, and want it delivered somewhere else, i just change my pp address…

gogg
    Free Member

Just ask them to change the paypal address before sending the payment.

I’ve done this many times.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You get the option to change address in the payment process, no?

As per gogg

ourmaninthenorth

Change address? I just sold a dress* to a Frederick Kruger.

*not mine. Mine’s still in the wardrobe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘eBay,other address issue,(paranoid content)’ is closed to new replies.