Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebaying car tyres- would you sell with 4mm tread?
  • large418
    Free Member

Just wonder what the general feeling is. I bought some alloys with tyres off ebay a while ago, and as the tyres were the wrong size for my van, I bought a new set. The old tyres are in good condition, and new would have been £100 each, but they only have 4mm (at most) tread left. In my mind they are marginal to fit. Should I offer them on ebay for not much money, or scrap them? I am in 2 minds at the moment……

Simon

If they’re still legal and you describe them honestly, what’s the problem?

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Just sell them. Why should you care what the buyer does with them?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mintsauce5
    Free Member

what size and make are they , i may be interested 🙂

large418
    Free Member

I care what tread other road users have on their cars as it might be my kids they take out. The tyres are Range Rover road tyres – that’s a 2.5 tonne car – they can do a lot of damage, and not normally to the occupants!

large418
    Free Member

215/65 x 17 – Goodyear Wrangler for a Range Rover/Freelander/ Jeep Cherokee.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Who says they want them for a road car?

mboy
    Free Member

Sell em

You’d be amazed what people will pay for used car tyres on ebay!

As long as your description is 100% accurate, you’ve got no comeback either really… You may only get £10 each (plus postage I hope!), but you may well get quite a bit more… I’ve sold second hand car tyres on ebay before that fetched a lot more than I was expecting, and got positive feedback too…

If they are Wranglers with 4mm of tread are you sure they aren’t already past the wear blocks?

large418
    Free Member

I’ll check the wear blocks. Pretty sure they’re not past them though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebaying car tyres- would you sell with 4mm tread?’ is closed to new replies.