Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • eBayers – post without payment?
  • Flaperon

Just sold my Garmin Edge on eBay. Went to a buyer with 66% positive feedback and just had a message from him…

Please I won the item, it’s payday tomorrow so I will settle this first thing in the morning, could I get it shipped to a work address please as I’m off to Majorca for a week from tomorrow morning?

So send it to a different address, and without payment. Really?

stumpy01

What can possibly go wrong….?

Onzadog
    Free Member

What did the second place bidder offer?

cp

hahahahhhahah!!!

legend
    Free Member

Seems legit

Flaperon

About £5 less than the winning bid, just sent them the offer through My Ebay. It does beggar belief sometimes. No response to my suggestion he collects in person and pays cash… 😉

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

devash
    Free Member

You can set your ebay seller account up so that people with low feedback can’t bid on your items. Saved me a lot of hassle over the years.

Flaperon

Oh, sorry mate, I meant I’ll PayPal you the money tomorrow morning, if you could then ship it to my work address at your convenience and I’ll pick it up when I return next Thursday.

Should I encourage him to pay by PayPal Gift?

Flaperon

You can set your ebay seller account up so that people with low feedback can’t bid on your items. Saved me a lot of hassle over the years.

Yeah, annoyingly I could have sworn that this was turned on.

nickjb
    Free Member

I did it by mistake once. Sold a whole load of books and posted them all out only to realise one hadn’t paid. Only about £3 but he never did pay or reply to emails

spooky_b329

Tell him you’ve posted it, then if the payment doesn’t turn up you can sting him as a non paying bidder. If he does pay, it’ll be ready and waiting when he gets back from holiday!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

66% feedback?
    God that’s worse than Dave Hinde used to have!!
    Not a chance I’d post until I’d got every penny.
    Remember you can’t give negative to a buyer anymore so he’s got his from selling and being crap at it.
    Chancer.

Scapegoat

Oh, sorry mate, I meant I’ll PayPal you the money tomorrow morning, if you could then ship it to my work address at your convenience and I’ll pick it up when I return next Thursday.

Looks legit…. he can register/specify a different delivery address on Paypal can’t he? Misunderstanding time.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

That’s still a no from me.

Sold things go to the registered ebaypal address by a tracked postal service of my choice, and that is the end of that. Winning buyers who dislike ebay postal recommendations are free to receive a non-payer feedback.

oldschool

He hasn’t asked for you to ship without payment, just that he wants it shipping to work? That’s what I do, nobody at home during the day so get everything shipped to work.
    He’s off on hols in the morning so wouldn’t get it if delivered to his office even if you shipped today.
    I’d just say yeah great mate, wait for the money and post tomorrow?

ads678

Yeah can’t see an issue with it really, just post to his work address recorded. It gets a signature, you know it’s been delivered. Whats the problem? Nowhere does he say he wants it posted before he’s paid!

stumpy01

Isn’t there something in Paypal/eBay land that says you have to post it to the verified address in Paypal?

I suppose if you have correspondence through ebay saying that he’s happy for you to send it to his work address, then you are covered?

This might be worth reading….see below..Apparently, having a message from them saying that they are happy to send it to another address, isn’t good enough according to Paypal. They should edit the shipping address within Paypal before making payment. Info here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Sending-to-an-Alternate-Address-for-Buyers-and-Sellers-/10000000014599377/g.html

Cougar

He hasn’t asked for you to ship without payment, just that he wants it shipping to work? That’s what I do, nobody at home during the day so get everything shipped to work.

Nothing wrong with that, if it’s an address registered with PayPal or one entered as an alternate address when they make the payment. But if it’s not, you lose Paypal’s payment protection. You send the goods, they reverse the transaction, you’re humped. Don’t do it.

If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, ask him when he’s going to be back and ship it out then.

(Incidentally, what halfwit gives a complete stranger their home address and then tells them they’re going on holiday?)

momo

They should edit the shipping address within Paypal before making payment. Info here:

This is what I do, I actually have the office in as my default eBay address now.

In response to the OP, no chance, money on your PP and sent to registered address only.

nickhit3
    Free Member

You’ve already wasted time you wont get back debating this. List it again. Tell him to do one. “selling again due to time waster” or similar in new listing. If he moans to ebay (unlikely) then you’ve got by the looks of it legitimate reason to refuse the sale. Wouldn’t touch that with a bargepole. If he’s bidding on something with an high value, he should have the funds to clear it immediately. sounds like a plonker.

weeksy

I let a guy take a motorbike home recently, i’d never met him, spoken to him or knew anything about him until he arrived… It was £2000 purchase price and he paid me 4 hours later. I never even took his details… just a bit of trust.

It was funny though as he works for Silverfish. 🙂 So i felt happy i was in safe hands.

hooli

Not if his life depended on it

Cougar

I let a guy take a motorbike home recently, i’d never met him, spoken to him or knew anything about him until he arrived… It was £2000 purchase price and he paid me 4 hours later. I never even took his details… just a bit of trust.

😯

Do you have any Ferraris for sale? Asking for a friend.

bigyinn
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

It was funny though as he works for Silverfish. So i felt happy i was in safe hands.
    Would you like to buy some magic beans?

onandon
    Free Member

It’s eBay not a charity. He’s a turd for even asking you to do this.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘eBayers – post without payment?’ is closed to new replies.