Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Ebay,Bronson large,possible dodgyness.
  • ricky1
    Free Member

The reason I mentioned the dropper leaning on the worktop was because in most cases if it was you or I we would probably not lean that part of the bike rather rest it against somewhere using the back wheel,I don’t think he owns the bike and doesn’t IMO apreciate how high end the bike is.
    Me myself wouldn’t rest my dropper/fork stantion (because that’s what it is) on anything.
    Don’t mean to offend and I’m not angry anymore…..yet 🙂

iolo
    Free Member

But the worktop is wood, the dropper is a metal alloy of some description.
    The dropper will damage the top first.

ricky1
    Free Member

Your missing the point,would any of us do that?

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t think he owns the bike and doesn’t IMO apreciate how high end the bike is.

You’re over thinking this to an insane degree.

Yes, I would carefully lean my bike up against a flat, non-abrasive surface with just about any part of it in contact.

You know, some people actually rides these sort of bikes in the mud.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

yes

ricky1
    Free Member

Not been on a bike for a month,I’m uncontrollably bored,hence the rant,it’s disappeared off my watch list so he must have sold it.

njee20
    Free Member

The first two replies include links which suggest it’s still there…

Perhaps he’s blocked you to avoid you buying it. Not sure I’d blame him!

singlesteed
    Free Member

Op sounds like a complete numpty!

Get out much these days… 🙄

ricky1
    Free Member

To big for me,and I ain’t got the cash or the balls to drive to Scunthorpe to collect it,why are you so uptight njee?

njee20
    Free Member

I’m very relaxed ta, just find it amusing that you’re obsessing over the fact the bike is stolen because the seller leant the Reverb against his kitchen work top.

ricky1
    Free Member

Now your obsessing.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Now your obsessing.

Ricky, please tell me your (sic) 12 years old and still in the education system. I want to believe that there’s still hope for you.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Lmao! 🙂

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Glass chopping board and dodgy boots. Ahm ooot.

Worn rigger boots would suggest that the seller is a member of the working class. Is this the problem? Should he be selling an Apollo or something more becoming?

I’d be more concerned if they were Air Max TBH. 😆

njee20
    Free Member

the seller is a member of the working class

And he’s from Scunthorpe.

Definitely stolen.

scunny
    Free Member

I’m from Scunny.

I’m going to nick the nicked bike.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m ok with that, at least we’ll know where we stand.

You can conceal the fact it’s stolen though by leaning it by the back wheel, rather than the Reverb.

scunny
    Free Member

But then all the weight will bend the rim.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I think anyone is brave to buy any second hand carbon bike… That’s just MHO though.

singlesteed
    Free Member

P.U.S.S.

firestarter
    Free Member

I bought a used carbon bike but ive been to war before and now spend time going into burning buildings so i guess thats why its not snapped and killed me. Either that or the fact i looked at it prior to purchase 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Worn rigger boots would suggest that the seller is a member of the working class

They dont look like proper riggers to me (soft toe) and they’ve certainly never seen a building site that’s for sure. Dodgy fashion versions I reckon.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I’d go with the burning buildings thing personally. 😛

firestarter
    Free Member

🙂

sonofozzz1
    Free Member

Quick, someone phone the police.

Bregante

My full sus – complete with reverb – is and has been “stored” in my garage in pretty much the exact position that the seller has photographed his without any I’ll effects.

And it’s not nicked.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Worn rigger boots would suggest that the seller is a member of the working class

They dont look like proper riggers to me (soft toe) and they’ve certainly never seen a building site that’s for sure. Dodgy fashion versions I reckon.

I’m pretty sure I can see the outline of an internal toe-cap. Rigger boots aren’t used exclusively by building workers either. Nowt worse than when bits of broken bricks etc. find their way down your boot and start rubbing your ankle – I always preferred chukka boots myself.

There was talk of banning riggers from certain sites after a spate of twisted ankles due to them having no ankle support.

Way off topic, this. 😳

wrecker
    Free Member

Little bit!
    I wouldn’t really discount buying a bike due to the choice of footwear of the seller. A glass chopping board on the other hand……

julianwilson
    Free Member

As above, looks fine as an advert. I don’t want a bronson or have that sort of money but if i did i wouldn’t be
    put off by that ad. Re first post: I suppose if i was going to drop an exta grand on a new frame that was a bit lighter than the alloy version then i would wonder of the money was better spent on saving more weight in the wheels and cranks etc, but thats not always how bike builds come about: mine never stay withthe same parts for all that long so i am sure at times I have too nice a frame for the parts or too nice parts for the frame. For me usually i am vastly over-forked compared to the poshness/performance of the rest of the bike.

matther01
    Free Member

If it sells at that price, someone may have a bit of a bargain IMO.

Only dubious point is the ad says SLX drivetrain, but the cranks are deore.

Nice kitchen IMO…but may have spotted a white stolen iPhone and potted plant.

tomhoward

“Hello, I’d like to report a stolen bike being sold on eBay”

“Okay sir, is it your bike?”

“Err, no”

“Then how do you know it’s stolen?”

“Well, the paintwork has seen better days, it’s been kitted out with mid range kit, and in the advert the bike is leant against a kitchen worktop using the seat post for support. It also seems to be very cheap.”

“Oh really, how much?”

“Over £1000”

“Are you on crack? *click* *dialtone….”

gonzy
    Free Member

My full sus – complete with reverb – is and has been “stored” in my garage in pretty much the exact position that the seller has photographed his without any I’ll effects.

And it’s not nicked.

considering what you do for a living Bregante…i’d be worried if you did have a nicked bike.. 😉

as for the bike leaning against the worktop…is it really that big an issue OP?
    the bike being carbon will weigh pretty much next to nothing and its metal on wood so theres a higher chance of the worktop getting damaged than the dropper.
    also i’m sure it was only leant that way for the purpose of taking the photograph. if it was me in that position i’d do the same especially seeing as the kitchen unit doors are a cream colour and i’d not want to get tyre marks on them and get a telling off from the missus

ricky1
    Free Member

Some fair points there,from the more mature ones obviously.

tomhoward

i’d not want to get tyre marks on them and get a telling off from the missus

and this from a guy who builds bikes in his living room…

gonzy
    Free Member

and this from a guy who builds bikes in his living room…

my kitchen is too small to use for bike building, i dont have a garage and the shed is full of stuff…so whats your problem?

bigblackshed

Those are not rigger boots, they’re horseist yard boots.

I’m surprised no one mentioned the Crocs and the badly patched cat flap hole in the back door.

Poor DIY skills, Crocs, and the bike probably smells of horses. For that reason I’m out. 😉

granny_ring

Great thread. 🙂

continuity
    Free Member

Has anyone got it yet?

This is the new way to advertise your bike on STW.

You put in a terrible photo.

You make an OBVIOUS MISTAKE (god, leaning a bike over).

Then you claim it might be stolen. Now you can get your eBay advert into the Bike forum when before it would have been relegated to the “For Sale” classifieds.

I’d put money on someone from this forum buying this bike now.

devs
    Free Member

This thread is full of tard.

tomhoward

No problem gonzy, implying that while building in the living room is ok by all missisuses (vast, all encompassing, sweeping generalisation), building in the kitchen is strictly off limits, hence the bike must be stolen…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Ebay,Bronson large,possible dodgyness.’ is closed to new replies.