Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Ebay,Bronson large,possible dodgyness.
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Okay this week we have a large carbon Bronson currently at £1020 on eBay,frames seen better days and looks like it’s been thrown together with the shittest parts he/she could find,what looks like a big hole on the down tube and he/she sees fit to lean the bike on the kitchen work top by the ever so expensive reverb.
    Only 4 people have made (very dodgy purchases) purchases.have a look.
    I might be just being to cautious but has anyone lost a Bronson frame???

ricky1
    Free Member

Would you buy it?

njee20
    Free Member

Linky

It’s an auction, so the current price is irrelevant. It doesn’t seem to have “the shittest parts he could find”. It’s got Deore brakes, and some scuffed cranks, but otherwise looks fine.

Not sure where you’re seeing a hole in the downtube?

You think it’s nicked because he’s leant it on the worktop with the Reverb in contact with it?

He’s more literate than you. Looks kosher to me. I’d buy it, yes.

ricky1
    Free Member

Spelling contest now is it ?????

stevied
    Free Member

There appears to be a chip by the ‘U’ ..not a hole though

ricky1
    Free Member

I’m just stating that it’s probably not a good idea to put all the weight of the bike on the reverb,would you Einstein?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what?

ricky1
    Free Member

Looks quite nasty that chip,or maybe he tried to improve the grammar on the Santa Cruz incase NJEE 20 wanted to place a bid.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m just stating that it’s probably not a good idea to put all the weight of the bike on the reverb,would you Einstein?

Why not?

Looks like the ‘R’ build kit – so the base model build for the carbon frame.

teasel
    Free Member

That thing up there in the pic – looks like some kind of weird Basil Brush figure possibly captured and painted by some pissed up Scots or something…

stevied
    Free Member

Door stop perhaps? And would you buy a bike off someone who drinks litre bottles of JD?

iolo
    Free Member

ricky1 – Member

So there’s no weight going to the floor through the wheels? You believe every last gram is being carried by that seatpost?

Maybe you should study Einstein’s work OP. You might learn something.

ricky1
    Free Member

Chequered tiling……definitely dodgy.

teasel
    Free Member

And would you buy a bike off someone who drinks litre bottles of JD

I probably wouldn’t argue with them, that’s for sure…

sandwicheater

They could do with a shoe rack.

njee20
    Free Member

He’s leant the bike on a flat surface FFS. The weight is on the wheels. I agree that somehow balancing the bike on the Reverb on an abrasive surface may be a little daft, but he’s not done that, so it’s a bit of a moot point.

You seem angry. Have you had a Bronson stolen lately?

cokie

No damage or chips!

Hmm.. 🙄

ricky1
    Free Member

So,jokes and pis staking aside,how much would any of you give for it?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

£2k

mega
    Free Member

doesn’t look dodgy at all to me

looks like the downtube has helitape (badly) fitted and there is a rip in it

ricky1
    Free Member

NJEE 20 no I haven’t,TBH I can’t afford that type of kit,would be nice though but not this one,doesn’t look like it’s been looked after.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you should see my bike 😆

lister

Looks fine. Not your typical stolen bike ad is it? Clear, concise, accurate listing of perfectly decent parts which match the pics.
    There does appear to be a scratch on the downtube.

Really can’t see a problem, except with the OP’s anger…?

ricky1
    Free Member

You may well be right mega,on first glance I thought it looked like he had drilled some sort of cable guide but your evaluation seems more precise.

teasel
    Free Member

the OP’s anger.

C’mon, guys. He hasn’t displayed anything particularly angry. Stop trying to wind him up…

ricky1
    Free Member

Ref = anger
    Just been physio. =. 0% patience

njee20
    Free Member

I agree, incidentally. There’s clearly some protection on the downtube, and I think that’s got a hole in it, or lifted or sommat.

lister

Fair nuff, apologies from me…you did come across a little tense when no one really agreed with you straight away, that’s all.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ll put my pitch fork away and let the guy get on with selling his Bronson then….I’ll be watching though to see how much it goes for.

ricky1
    Free Member

I can be really defensive when I am trying to prove a point,then I back down when proven wrong,well not proven wrong just advised better maybe 🙂

convert

Whilst I don’t see the ad as dodgy in any way he’s not doing himself many favours. Selling a high value item with a fairly new ebay account (with an iffy name), then not presenting the bike in the best way possible – putting it in a cluttered kitchen surrounded by discarded shoes with a limited number of photos of mediocre quality makes it look cheaper than it should.

Probably a good one to watch as it won’t get as much interest as an ‘of the moment’ bike should get.

I’ve had a couple of cracking buys on ebay recently by bidding (late) on a really poorly worded and badly photographed bike that only got 2 bids including mine and a rohloff hubbed wheelset where the seller spelt rohloff incorrectly so I was the only bidder. I was only after the rohloff hub and got it for less than half it should have gone for as a hub on its own with the rest of the wheelset to sell on to reduce the cost even further.

Matt24k
    Free Member

The seller gives his name in the listing as Will so he must be a fine upstanding member of the community. If he choose Billy I suppose we might be able to question his integrity.

wrecker
    Free Member

Glass chopping board and dodgy boots. Ahm ooot.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Glass chopping board and dodgy boots. Ahm ooot

Not half as dodgy as a glass coffee table.

AlexSimon

Downside is you have to visit Scunthorpe to collect

gonzy
    Free Member

looks fine to me…the spot of damage on the underside of the downtube looks like its just damage to the helitape….easily fixed
    as for the bike leaning against the dropper…if you look at the distance between wheels and the bottom of the kitchen units…its not that much so the bike is nearly upright so all the weight will be on the wheel so there will be very minimal lateral weight on the dropper
    as for the spec…i cant see anything wrong with it…sure it would be fancier if it had xtr/xt (or SRAM equivalent) kit thrown all over it but there’s nothing wrong with the slx drivetrain or the deore brakes…in fact the brakes will probably outperform some of the more expensive brakesets out there…
    if i was looking for a new bike and had the money and height then i would seriously consider it

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Scunthorpe? didn’t spot that, I’m from there ill pop a message up on the Facebook group to see if its a locals,

breadcrumb

The weight of the bike is nothing compared to the weight of a rider!

njee20
    Free Member

Downside is you have to visit Scunthorpe to collect

Scunthorpe? Probably is nicked then.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Ebay,Bronson large,possible dodgyness.’ is closed to new replies.