Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • eBay……..again!
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Right I’ve sold a jersey on eBay and it’s turned up ok and when the buyer has tried it on he’s pulled the zip up and the zip has burst,wants a refund as he thinks it’s not his fault,I’m thinking iff it’s arrived in good condition then he broke it then it’s as good as his fault?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d refund if it’s in the first few days.

akaskittles
    Free Member

refund, you don’t need unreasonable backlash…

Jamie
    Free Member

Bottom line is, if they file a case and escalate it to a dispute, you will lose and eBay will refund their money.

Just going to have to take it on the chin.

darrenspink
    Free Member

They have to return the item via signed for before you refund anybody. Check ebays info on returns.

brodie
    Free Member

The zip burst? Accuse him of being too fat for it.

ricky1
    Free Member

AKaskittles,what do you mean by unreasonable backlash,he’s not the mafia 🙄

ricky1
    Free Member

That’s what the mrs said Brodie,sometimes I hate eBay,it’s good to get rid of stuff but the idiots are starting to do my head in,I’ve bought some things off eBay and they have broke no sooner than I’ve opened it but I don’t give a monkeys as it was cheap so what do you expect but this item I sold was expensive but the buyer got it dirt cheap and like Brodie said he’s probably to fat for the jersey which is not my fault.
    Thanks darrenspink that’s what I thought.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Read some of David Thorne’s email trails: http://www.27bslash6.com/

Wind the buyer up until he explodes or just goes away.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

That’s brilliant

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

As Jamie says, refund now for reasonable feedback, because you WILL be refunding him when it goes to dispute.

Put yourself in his shoes, if something failed first time you tried to use it you’d consider it defective. Paypal will agree.

pitduck
    Free Member

refund,and the fact you have to ask will stop me from ever buying owt off you 😯

bruneep

Make sure it’s the same jersey cardigan you get back tho.

milky1980
    Free Member

Ebay is crap on this kind of thing from my experience. Currently waiting for a set of forks to be returned that I sold on there a fortnight ago after the buyer said they were faulty (lockout not working) and raised a dispute. I don’t doubt the buyer is right, but dealing with Ebay has been a right PITA. Basically the buyer’s word that a product is faulty is gospel so you will end up refunding no matter what. I’m going to be £50 down after fees and postage, trying not to let my head get caught up in the stories of different items coming back etc 😐

nealglover
    Free Member

I hate eBay……. the idiots are starting to do my head in,I’ve bought some things off eBay and they have broke no sooner than I’ve opened it

Some bloke who just bought a Jersey with a knackered zip is saying exactly the same thing.

ricky1
    Free Member

Pitduck you don’t have to buy Owt off me son,I’ll not lose any sleep over if neither,I will refund him his money but after he sends me the item back which I’ve asked him to do with no reply which makes me think he may be a bit of a try it oner,I think I’ve been far to quick to refund money in the past just to “protect my precious feedback” and I think the try it oners of this day in age know this.
    Nealglover your right he probably is saying that,my point is that the zip has had a successfull lifespan until now,just coincidence the life ends as he opens the packet.

ricky1
    Free Member

Btw,I think we all have different views on the matter,however I’m no fool to a bit of “I don’t like this jersey I’ve bought so ill bust the zip and send it back”
    We all watch rogue traders but you never see a programme called rogue customers do you
    (Awaits drunken backlash)

akaskittles
    Free Member

AKaskittles,what do you mean by unreasonable backlash,he’s not the mafia

Loss of money, banned from ebay, law suit, death, you don’t know this guy! he can be a mental fat bastard

Jamie
    Free Member

,I think I’ve been far to quick to refund money in the past just to “protect my precious feedback”

My advice was coming less from the angle of protecting your feedback, more like it is inevitable…regardless of your actions…that eBay will side with the buyer and at some point they will take the money from you to refund the buyer. So it’s easier just to take the top back, and refund once this has happened.

Of course the buyer could send you back an old dish cloth in the post, but as long as they provide proof of posting something to eBay, then they will refund them.

eBay is a not good for sellers these days.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/dec/09/seller-beware-listing-ebay

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/oct/27/ebay-wont-help-seller

ricky1
    Free Member

Cricket skittles,your more paranoid than me,he doesn’t know me and he doesn’t know my address……but I know his….don’t i!

rickon
    Free Member

Take it back, pop it to a local clothing alterations shop, get it fixed for less than a fiver. Sell it again. WIN.

ricky1
    Free Member

Rickon that’s the type of answer I’m looking for now that’s thinking outside of the box.

gogg
    Free Member

milky1980

I’m going to be £50 down after fees and postage, trying not to let my head get caught up in the stories of different items coming back etc

If you refund, you’ll get the fees back automatically following a “dispute” that’s satisfactorily resolved. If you don’t you can submit a form to reclaim them.

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sc?&inputtext=INQ_DOCUMENT_OC1752

gogg
    Free Member

ricky1

Nealglover your right he probably is saying that,my point is that the zip has had a successfull lifespan until now,just coincidence the life ends as he opens the packet.

Coincidence is a funny thing my LBS was broken into three days after the closure of the Police station opposite the shop.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-24923134

The copper that attended said “It’s just a coincidence.” Appparently Pete’s response of “You’ve convicted people on weaker evidence than that!” was not well received.

😉

milky1980
    Free Member

gogg – cheers, didn’t know that!

gogg
    Free Member

What that my LBS got turned over by thieving scum??
    😉

Oh, you mean the fee refund. You’re welcome.
    Oddly enough ebay don’t shout about it….

ricky1
    Free Member

UPDATE….told the buyer to send it back so he could have a refund but then he messaged me saying that he had bought a fresh zip and his grandma had sewn it on………think what you will and I’ll do the same !

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ok, whose going to post the storm in a tea cup picture?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘eBay……..again!’ is closed to new replies.