Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ebay wonderings.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Won an item on Fleabay for £63 + £5 postage, which is a decent price compared to similar items that I’ve seen on there in the past. The location is local to me so I messaged the seller after the auction asking if I could pick it up rather than them posting it, no answer is the reply up to now however it only finished last night. I haven’t paid yet either as I would like to know if I can pick it up. If they say they’d rather post it then fair enough & I’ll pay, no probs. The seller has a 96.1% feedback out of 135 transactions (2 negatives in the last 6 months) & my suspicious mind is working!
    Should I wait for them to reply or pay the full price & hope the item appears? Am I being impatient & just comparing them to what I’d be doing?

jimjam
    Free Member

I was selling an item (bike part) and a local buyer offered to pay the B.I.N. price in cash, and collect it from me thus saving on ebay fees and postage.

Only problem was I knew the guy, he was a complete head melter (in the nicest possible way) and a bike riding legend in his own mind. The thought of an hour long conversation on my doorstep about a bloody bike part, or the possibility of him coming back to me personally if it broke, made it worth taking the hit….I didn’t even reply to his message.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Only problem was I knew the guy, he was a complete head melter (in the nicest possible way) and a bike riding legend in his own mind. The thought of an hour long conversation on my doorstep about a bloody bike part, or the possibility of him coming back to me personally if it broke, made it worth taking the hit….I didn’t even reply to his message.

Maybe this guy thinks he knows me! 🙂

Messaged him again at 6 last night, still nowt back.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

could be on holiday at the moment. Cash is king so unless the postage is really high to cover fees I’d expect them to get back in touch about pickup.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don’t mind paying postage or picking it up, but do I pay (Paypal) & just hope it arrives?

the-muffin-man

From a personal point of view I rarely allow collection (unless item is very large). The hassle of arranging a convenient time, then the buyer messing about changing dates, turning up late etc., isn’t worth the saving in fees.

wwaswas

Other issue with allowing collection is you have no record that the buyer received the item.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got a message, the item is located at a shop, open 9-5 & near enough to cost less than the postage AND I’ll know I’ve got it!

Paranoid for nothing then…

properbikeco
    Free Member

cash is king

if you are a seller watch out if they pay by paypal and then collect as you have no record of delivery – cue a dispute and you lose money and the item

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ebay wonderings.’ is closed to new replies.