Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • ebay woes – buyer claims I've sold counterfeit stuff!
  • paulwf

So is the buyer now keeping them?

terrahawk
    Free Member

He is. Or he’s selling them. Or chucking them in the bin. Not arsed TBH.

his crappy feedback hasn’t been removed yet though, so the matter isn’t completely closed yet….

cloudnine
    Free Member

You have the buyers email and home address to sign him up for home visits from solar panel salespersons, Jehovah witnesses and he might even put an advert in the local paper for cheap special massages

Andy

his crappy feedback hasn’t been removed yet though, so the matter isn’t completely closed yet….

Ebay will do that if you speak to them on the phone

m0rk
    Free Member

http://www.glittershipper.co.uk/product/glitterbomb-envelope/

If you put a custom message in along the lines of…. “this is genuine glitter” it might amuse

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Don’t be hard on the buyer – there’s a lot of fake stuff on eBay. I’ve had it from both sides – selling a north face puffa bought from an outlet store and buying various items. Don’t blame him for asking if they’re not what he was expecting.

terrahawk
    Free Member

He didn’t ask. He left feedback saying I was into snide goods, then I had to prove otherwise. he also immediately reported me to Ebay, who were straight on my case. Hardly “asking”.

epicyclo

terrahawk – Member
    …Buyer was upset because they were different to the ones that he used to have. why this meant that he had to accuse me of lying and selling on snide goods is still beyond me. It’s not how I’d have behaved anyway.

He’s probably one of those full body arses, so they didn’t hide his essential nature. 🙂

matay
    Free Member

Remind him that ‘you know where he lives’ 😈

scotroutes

The problem is that there’s a very short window to report dodgy transactions to ebay. A bit of fannying about back and forth with emails can easily see that passed, and then it’s too late. I believe the recommended action is to open a dispute even as you are contacting the seller.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I believe the recommended action is to open a dispute even as you are contacting the seller.

Yes, I think that’s right but that doesn’t affect feedback. If he posted bad feedback straight away that’s just shitty.

terrahawk
    Free Member

feedback posted and dispute opened.
    I’m just pissed off at the amount of time I’ve had to spend defending myself.

alpineharry
    Free Member

“sample” – may be a bit different from the normal retail item in some way, hence the suspicion.

A lot of the time (IME) samples are just in specific sizes like Mediums or larges as opposed to being different to a ‘non sale’ item, don’t know how correct my information may be but it’s from my experience.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve been to a Rapha sample sale, was mostly overstock stuff, no actual samples, lots off cross stuff and sky kit

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘ebay woes – buyer claims I've sold counterfeit stuff!’ is closed to new replies.