Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ebay winning bidder in Spain
  • oldgit
    Free Member

So £5.50 postage Royal Mail 2nd class as listed. Whats a pair of shifters gonna cost to Spain?
    Should the bidder have checked with me

wwaswas

did you say you would accept overseas bids (normally an option when you set the auction up)?

5thElefant
    Free Member

There’s a calculator on the RM site. I’d guess about £6.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomaso
    Free Member

Postage to mainland Europe isn’t too expensive if the weight is below 2kg – and the volumetric weight is also below 2kg.

An alternative to RM is parcel2go who offer web quotes and discounts that are only normally available to businesses with accounts and not individuals doing a one off.

oldgit
    Free Member

No just postage to UK. In my costing it says to UK.
    looks like I might be just covered anyway.

ratherbeintobago

Bidder should have checked if you listed a postage cost within the UK but (assuming you’re getting payment by PayPal) you should be able to amend the invoice to reflect the increased cost of posting to Spain.

Andy

oldgit
    Free Member

They’re only XTR shifters so at least they’re light.

carlosg
    Free Member

Personally I’d contact the buyer and let them know you’ll only use a secure signed for delivery method , I’m a bit of a sceptic and ebay is full of scammers nowadays. If the listing said uk post only then the winner shouldn’t have bid……..

Or maybe they are registered in Spain but live in the UK?……

Or offer them to the next highest bidder.

jimc101
    Free Member

Not sure how anything can cost £5.50 for Royal Mail 2nd Recorded, as the most it will ever cost is £3.58, as you can’t go over 1kg.

The shifters should weight no more than 600g with packaging, so you are only looking at £4.40, even being generous with say a £1 for packaging you are only looking at £5.40 max.

Have sent loads of packages to Spain with no issues; it normally adds £1.00 over the cost of a UK 2nd recorded to 1Kg, but if I was looking at an auction with that postage, would walk away, due to it being excessive.

taxi25
    Free Member

Have sent loads of packages to Spain with no issues; it normally adds £1.00 over the cost of a UK 2nd recorded to 1Kg, but if I was looking at an auction with that postage, would walk away, due to it being excessive.

Why would you do that ?? Just cost the postage into your maximum bid. Youd pay £50 for the shifters so bid £44.50. If the postage was £2.50 you could bid to £47.50. What difference to the buyer does P&P make ???

oldgit
    Free Member

well spotted, I upped it to £5.50 because everyone I’ve sold to has wanted next day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ebay winning bidder in Spain’ is closed to new replies.