Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ebay winner is now claiming he didn't bid – how can this be?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Sold a set of FSA cranks on Eblag and the winner has now left me feedback (eh?) saying: “Hi really sorry but did not bid on ur item but for some resson it say I have one” – he has only one transaction to his name so it looks as if he needs to understand how Ebay works, as well as the English language.

How can you bid then deny ever bidding?

By an amazing coincidence someone in my very small area of town contacted me about the cranks asking if he coud collect them so I’ve messaged him now asking if he’s still interested.

scaredypants

– how can this be?

[url=http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-ebay-listing-ending-soon-is-this-a-legit-bid#post-5562350]Like this ?[/url]

toys19
    Free Member

hmmm, this has a sniff of scam about it. if the local person collects make sure they pay cash.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    globalti
    Free Member

That looks a likely explanation. Any point in involving Ebay?

Don’t worry, the local buyer will have to give me cash! He’s so close it’s possible he’s one of about half a dozen cyclists I know about in my immediate district.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Any point in involving Ebay?

Personally, as they have messed you around and cheesed up your auction – whether they meant to or not – I’d report as non-paying bidder, and move on. They can contest it with fleabay if they care to.

Stroke of luck with the local guy.

kcal

I’ve had one bidder in the last 4 years fail to come up with the cash — but that was less a claim of ignorance that they’d bid, than they’d “forgot their password”. hum

Actually, have had another one completely fail to respond to requests for the cash, no contact at all. Suspect they bought while pissed and hoped it would just go away..

To be honest I’ve ‘won’ something when I was then able to obtain similar item elsewhere, I came clean and offered to send the seller something for his trouble..

Stoner
    Free Member

you’ll need to report as non-paying bidder to get your sale fees cacelled

theflatboy
    Free Member

mrmonkfinger – Member

Stroke of luck with the local guy.

That might be going a bit far. I’d stick to selling him the cranks.

abilene456
    Free Member

hmmm i am bad at biding and i never win in those bids

globalti
    Free Member

The secret is to lurk until the last minute so as not to alert other bidders then hit the BID button about five seconds before the auction ends. Works for me.

theflatboy
    Free Member

global – the real secret is to get a sniping app to do that for you.

I use MyiBidder. Others are available.

globalti
    Free Member

Bogger me! Turns out the local bidder lives three doors up and is a veteran cyclist who often lends me tools! I just didn’t know his Ebay handle.

Speshpaul

good job you weren’t selling his stuff on ebay then 😆

toys19
    Free Member

Bogger me! Turns out the local bidder lives three doors up and is a veteran cyclist who often lends me tools! I just didn’t know his Ebay handle.

Defo a scam, they set this up years ago, buying a house near you, befriending you, lulling you into a false sense of security. Call the cops now!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ebay winner is now claiming he didn't bid – how can this be?’ is closed to new replies.