Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • eBay windscreen wipers
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I usually buy wipers from halfords but I thought I’d see what was available on eBay as I need to buy replacements.

There appears to be approx 1 billion sellers of wipers so help me wade through them with some recommendations please.

Thanks.

butcher

I buy the own brand aero blade from wiperblades.co.uk. Cheap, quick service and run silently. Had them on my last two cars.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Car Parts for Less

I got some Bosch ones of them for only a few quid. Cheaper than the Ebay sellers

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks Car parks for less is seriously cheap, set of bosch for £7.80 against £23.04 on wiperblades.co.uk. So cheap it doesn’t feel right.

winston_dog
    Free Member

So cheap it doesn’t feel right.

It’s absolutely legit. They are a sister site to Euro Car Parts. If you google it there are a lot of threads on motoring forums.

andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

Mr Wiper for me.

butcher

Are they the same wipers? They are not all equal, and some of them can be pricey.

sssimon
    Free Member

I’ve bought bosch off ebay, most sets were legit, one set was a clear fake and didn’t fit right 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

The more expensive website has ‘aerotwins’ but I don’t think its worth paying that much more for them

Gary_M
    Free Member

Mr Wiper in the lead on price so far.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I go for Aero wipers too as I don’t rate Bosch ones at all. I do find however that the Aero ones wear out quicker but at the price of them it doesn’t matter to me.

northernmatt

I bought some aero ones off eBay which came I a box with an unpronounceable Chinese name on worked pretty well, wore out fairly quickly. Also got Bosch ones off eBay for much less than I thought they’d be, don’t seem to work as well as the cheapy aero ones but have lasted ages.

CountZero

Never tried any on-line wiper suppliers, for years I just bought cheap blades from wherever I could find them, but they hardly ever lasted more than a year. So I tried some Halfords own one-piece blades, and three years on they’re still working fine. They were around £15 the pair, and I’ve been pretty pleased with them, although I might give the on-line ones a try.

CountZero

Those Vistapro one-piece blades look ok, might be worth a punt.

spooky_b329

If your car has the older style metal wipers, go for the ‘upgrade’ flat wipers. They work really well and there are no joints to ice up, also as they have even pressure they last longer before starting to streak.

I’ve only had one bad set which chattered all the time, they had a metallic strip to form the blade whereas most of them are all plastic/rubber in appearance.

maccruiskeen

As a get me home fix I bought a set of £3 or £4 wipers from Tesco expecting they’d do for a little while until I bought something better.
    Surprisingly (and I’m the last person to sing the praises of tesco) they’re ace – still using that set after 2 years without any streaks of judder, bought another set for the other van and set for the GF’s car and they’re all smashing.

spooky_b329

The Tesco flat blades are very similar to those on ebay…just a tad more expensive 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘eBay windscreen wipers’ is closed to new replies.