Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay – who does the chasing of a lost item… buyer/seller?
  • PaulBecks
    Free Member

I bought a stem of Ebay and it's still not turned up but the seller said he's posted it (still has receipt).

Who does the chasing of the Post Office, this guy or me??

Simon

Seller.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Seller

druidh
    Free Member

Seller

travellingman
    Free Member

I'll second that.

I sold a rear mech. on Ebay a few weeks ago and despite posting it first class recorded it hasn't been delivered.

The seller should refund all of your money including postage (as I had to) and with all associated evidence submit a claim to Royal Mail.

taka
    Free Member

i chase the post office alot cant run that fast like me though 😆

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

seller should refund then seek compensation from courier

PaulBecks
    Free Member

Cool, cheers guys

spooky_b329

Seller, but it would be reasonable to wait until the seller can pursue through the Royal Mail claim process before pushing for a refund…could just be delayed which the seller isn't accountable for.

Sold some wheels recently which went walkabout for three weeks, (during the snow) seller was understanding and in the end they turned up a few days before I could start the claims process.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seller has contract w/RM or courier – only he/she has locus standi to chase them.

IA

Seller. If you open a paypal dispute, you'll win unless the seller can show proof the item was delivered to you.

pinches
    Free Member

i am having the same issue with a pair of gloves i bought on january 5th. not turned up seller claims to have posted them on the 6th via "standard parcels" (although i can't see why, as a pair of TLD gloves isn't that big and could have gone first class recorded, insured upto £39)

this is still going on a month later, you have to allow 15 days for delivery by royal mail before they will recognise a lost parcel.

i am bordering on opening a paypal dispute myself, seller is communicating with me but what he says doesn't add up.

bruneep

Seller. If you open a paypal dispute, you'll win unless the seller can show proof the item was delivered to you.

hence why I always send recorded/special delivery. If you don't like my postage charges don't bid.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – who does the chasing of a lost item… buyer/seller?’ is closed to new replies.