Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • EBay wheels tuned for fast Richmond Park laps
  • Gunz
    Free Member

Thought I would pass this on as who wouldn’t want a set of wheels which have been especially tuned for faster lap times around Richmond Park? I’d have them myself but at such a good price I’d feel guilty of robbing someone of a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immaculate-hand-built-wheels-Hope-Hubs-DT-Swiss-Rims-Spokes-Continental-Tyres-/140831442219?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20ca35452b

tomhoward

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Only £500 for a set of hope/ztr wheels? Where do I sign?!

Wookster

I’m temped but are tuned for I wise or anti clock wise laps……

scaredypants

how far outside the M25 do you think these would work ?

njee20
    Free Member

Wow, what an idiot. If you really wanted a set of wheels for that why wouldn’t you use 700c rims.

porter_jamie

maybe if the front is clockwise and the rear is anti clock it self cancels? or maybe you just spin round in circles? could be dangerous.

crazy-legs

All that money on the wheel components, then he goes and sticks a £30 cassette on there… I’d be expecting a SRAM XX or an XTR…

What an amateur. 😉

crofts2007
    Free Member

They were originally listed for £700 B.I.N. but it looks like he has removed the disks, skewers and ti bolts to make them more affordable….. 🙂
    Some people just dont understand the concept of second hand bike parts. 😯

Drac

Fenton wheels.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

All that money on the wheel components, then he goes and sticks a £30 cassette on there… I’d be expecting a SRAM XX or an XTR…

What an amateur.

UCI weight rules innit #pro

tomhoward

Someone should send him a link to this thread….

Crazy legs, I’ve got a second hand (knackered) XTR cassette I’ll sell him, reckon he could stretch to £100 (rrp £160!)?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Hilarious…….

Holyzeus
    Free Member

He’s just trying it on, really like the polished hubs though….

skaifan
    Free Member

Just waiting to hear back from the guy. I’ve asked if dan at Putney cycles is able to re tune them for the Surrey hills. He hasn’t mentioned whether they are balanced or not. I’m waiting to hear back.

choron
    Free Member

…they will really help to improve your times, especially if you race them. They’ve not been raced, …

Genius…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just seen they are white, that makes them a bargin

BenjiM

The whole advert is crazy. Advertised as new and then says that they were used not nearly enough, so they have been used? Built mid 2012 and serviced in the summer. Serviced when they are apparently ” New ” or hardly used? Bonkers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dan is a very good spanner monkey, though!

tomhoward

Listing has ended. Shirley no one bought them???!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I just heard that the lap record has been broken buy someone with a new pair of wheels.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘EBay wheels tuned for fast Richmond Park laps’ is closed to new replies.