Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ebay weirdness
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I sold a framed picture on 11/12 and the buyer paid via paypal withon two days. I contacted him via ebay and email to arrange a pick up time and no response. I have written again via email and no response.

I know things are busy at this time of year but no response at all to three separate comms. How long do i wait? should i advise ebay? can i re-sell?

grantway
    Free Member

I don’t want it. But you don’t own it either so you can’t sell it !

sugdenr
    Free Member

Buyer has a reasonable time to collect, else you can charge him storage. Give him an ultimatum then tell him you will get rid of it. Dont tell him you will resell it, and dont sell it through your ebay account else you will soon get a (thieving b*****ds) paypal recharge.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Refund the money via Paypal – this will allow you to recover your Paypal fees.

Send the buyer a nice message saying that you would like to cancel the transaction.

Then via the ‘resolve a problem’ option send through the request to cancel the transaction.

The buyer should hopefully agree to this so you will then recover your EBay fees, so the only money you will be out of pocket for is the listing fee (if you paid one) – there is no way to recover this money.

If the buyer doesn’t respond to the request EBay will automatically close the case after a certain time & you will receive your costs back.

You are now free to re-sell the item.

Only other point to note is that the buyer can still leave feedback (including negative if they deem it necessary)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ebay weirdness’ is closed to new replies.