Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • eBay – waiting for buyer contact?
  • Caher

Just wondering how long a pause should you leave before a buyer contacts the seller? Bike bought of me early this morning and i have not heard a word. Moving in a couple of days so could be awkward.
    When i buy something i pay and arrange collection straight way.

sandwicheater

48 hours is my cut off. 24 hours they get a message, 48 hours i’d cancel the sale. It’s never happened to date.

I’ve purchased stuff while drunk before and got a message a day later asking or payment.

Caher

Thanks – that is what i will do then.

Northwind

Perfectly normal to take a day or so, remember the person might have bidded early so there’s a natural lag if so.

Have you send an invoice? I always do this the next day, with a wee note like “I’ll be posting items on day X so if you pay by midnight on day Y it’ll post then, otherwise it’ll be a little longer”, puts the ball in their end and gives them a reason to pay quick.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bear in mind that if bought this morning your buyer may still be at work. If you still want to sell them the item, why don’t you message them saying you’ll be uncontactable for x amount of time. Did you state this in the ad? If so then I understand why you’d be getting a bit itchy. Otherwise, I would suggest that sometimes life gets in the way of things. Can’t say I’d be cancelling an auction after 48hrs of no contact, everyones expectations are different though.

Caher

Thanks, yes it was in the notes that i was moving and i have sent the invoice. Its a collection so cannot post it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘eBay – waiting for buyer contact?’ is closed to new replies.