Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • eBay twunt…boils my blood.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A few years ago I was messed around with an MTB frame in eBay. I can’t remeber the exact details but it turned out he was a STW regular, so when he posted a thread about it I waded in all guns blazing. It was odd how many people backed him up at the time even though he was as guilty as hell. I kept an eye out and I know that eventually he sold it for way, way under the price I’d won it for on eBay. So I guess he learned a lesson. 😈
    Yes I can remeber who it was. No I’m not saying now.

johnners
    Free Member

Yes I can remeber who it was. No I’m not saying now.

Well if you’re going to be uncharacteristically coy then so am I. But if it’s who I think it is he would seem to have changed his opinion on the practice.

joeegg
    Free Member

I have opened a case but according to what i’ve seen on ebay i don’t get a refund,just a credit.I’m not going to pay it and couldn’t care less now if i get stopped from using ebay.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Johnners, there’s just no point dragging it all out again. He knew he shot himself square in the foot but it’s water under the bridge now. 🙂

tymbian
    Free Member

The seller has asked me to accept his cancel transaction request. I’ve left him negative feedback so I don’t see the reason why I have to accept. Is it so he doesn’t pay eBay the fees?

scaredypants

presumably it’s so your negative comment disappears ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is it so he doesn’t pay eBay the fees?

Yup. Ignore it and he has to cough up I think.

tymbian
    Free Member

I was wondering the same..either he doesn’t pay fees or he can remove my comment. Do I have to refuse it though ( say within 7 days ) or its cancelled automatically?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It boils down to how much vengeance you want.

If you do nothing refuse their request, then he should be hit for 10% Final Value Fees, and your feedback stands.

You can also report seller non-performance as well.

tom200

I’ve been selling loads of stuff lately. I find if you set the starting price for around 1/3 of the BIN price (set based on actual sales), it cuts out the losers trying to get something for 99p, most people opt for the BIN so you don’t have to wait a week for the sale.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ bongohoohaa…when I click on the eBay link ‘ see cancel details’ there are two check boxes…1. I did not pay for this item 2. I paid for this item on…..(insert date). I don’t see a refuse to cancel option. Any ideas?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

tymbian

What about option 3) ignore him and wait for it to go away?

Seriously though the answer here must be in ebays help pages or forums

I am pretty sure the feedback stays however he can get it removed if he shows you are being difficult like not complying with ebays processes so it may be worth getting some better advice then making a decision

I personally hope the feedback stays

Cheers

hora
    Free Member

Dont click on the link.

I bought something through ebay as collect only (bulky). Ebay mithered me to complete with paypal. I collected and after a week or so the reminder stopped.

paulwf

Either click number 2, then he has to pay fees, or contact Ebay help.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘eBay twunt…boils my blood.’ is closed to new replies.