Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • eBay – the bb7's you sold me don't fit my bike
  • charliemort

Sold some bb7’s with IS adapters and 160mm discs on eBay

Buyer says they don’t fit, raised a case and eBay found in his favour (obviously)

I asked what fork he had and he just said “an old one, they don’t fit ” and didn’t listen when I said I thought he maybe needed different adapters.

So am I going nuts? Is there any way they can’t fit, assuming you have the right adapters?

Thanks

johnnystorm

Post mounts used to be differently spaced iirc. But that’s going back 15 years?

somouk
    Free Member

I would be asking for pictures of the fork to confirm what the issue is.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d get the brakes back and re-list. He’s clearly a moron who’s made up his mind, life’s too short.

mikey74
    Free Member

If he’s bought something that doesn’t fit his bike then it is his problem, not yours.

amedias
    Free Member

Could be numerous forks with old/proprietary mounts, original postmount was different spacing, old formula mounts which look like IS but aren’t, pro-stop mounts, or even some wacky out of spec problem, or he could have just fitted them incorrectly so….

I’d get the brakes back and re-list. He’s clearly a moron who’s made up his mind, life’s too short.

this ^

charliemort

Yes I’ve got them back and relisted. Just wondering if I was losing the plot!

riddoch

You are assumming his fork even had disk mounts 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

You are assumming his fork even had disk mounts

+1

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you have to stump for postage?

Junkyard
    Free Member

they are an idiot assuming its a disc fork….and if it is not then they are an even bigger idiot
    I dont sell things on Ebay unless it so big they have to collect and pay cash to avoid things like this.

charliemort

Yup – basically he raised a case with eBay (I could have been quicker with my replies to his loads of emails but couldn’t be arsed) – I said I was happy to refund the item but not postage but they just took the whole lot anyway!

kerley
    Free Member

Unfortunately eBay is a buyers biased tool now. You can’t even leave negative feedback on buyers anymore so there can be dreadful buyers who just piss about wasting everyones time but you have no way of knowing when one of them buys your item.

Did you offer returns? Paypal does seem to refund anyway but if you sell a used item with no returns then it seems strange that a refund was given as the item was not faulty and presumably not listed incorrectly?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I had a similar issue as this but it doesn’t sound like yours is the same.
    I sold a pair of original Hope Minis which were IS fitment and had 200mm rotors .

The person who bought them wanted to fit them to post mount but couldn’t get them to fit using the rotors that came with the brakes,
    She asked for her money back and i refused saying they were properly described and it was her fault if she didn’t know what she was buying.
    Fortunately that was the end of it.
    Cheers
    Steve

cookeaa

Did you tick “returns not accepted”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘eBay – the bb7's you sold me don't fit my bike’ is closed to new replies.