Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 187 total)
  • eBay sellers – have you ever backed out of a sale?
  • Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Can Dgudge post the sellers ebay username so we can add him to our "ignore" lists please.

Seems a fair request. I note the op has gone "missing in action" since the buyer turned up.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

psychle
    people on here gave you loads of advise about selling them, including worldwide and inparticular targeting the USA market. You chose not to do that, were too stupid to work it out or couldn't be bothered investigating the ways of selling it properly on worldwide/USA ebays. So you sold it to the UK market only and just put a bit of blurb in the text about being willing to post abroad and therefore got the appropriate price IMO. You've already traded on ebay 26 times buying and selling, so you must be reasonably familiar with it and assuming you're not an idiot, I wonder if this was about you not being prepared to pay the extra ebay fees involved in setting a reserve, setting a min starting price, selling the item worldwide etc.

..and now you're in a pickle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It's pretty easy to find the seller name. You just have to search under completed listings.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Here you go Jujuuk68 the complete listing below.

bruneep

Can Dgudge post the sellers ebay username so we can add him to our "ignore" lists please.

Just search ebay for sram 9.0sl in the completed listings.

or look Here

BigDummy
    Free Member

Love it!

"Bidding has ended for this item. You may also like:

"

😆

psychle
    Free Member

Oh FFS… what a pallava eh? Not going to go into any of this, suffice to say that I made a mistake, shall learn from it I guess! 😆

Have sent the buyer an invoice for payment, £129 inc £40 for DHL Europlus insured to £200… he'll have them next week, fingers crossed they're going to a good home… if I see them on eBay or elsewhere for a tidy profit, I may just hop a flight to Sweden! He has a rather lovely Litespeed Machete, so I'm hoping they end up on there, would suit it well!

Now, I'm off to turture some kittens, mug some old ladies and plan my evil takeover of the world… 'cause I'm a bad ass motherfoocker, don't you know?! 😈

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done.

user-removed
    Free Member

£40 shipping?! 😯

Are you sending them by Unicorn Express?!! Well done for manning TF up I suppose…

spooky_b329

Thats better 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

£40 shipping?!

Are you sending them by Unicorn Express?!! Well done for manning TF up I suppose…

check out Parcel2go for a quote from UK to Sweden… you think I'd take the piss on this now?! 😆 £26.60 + £7.50 for insurance + 17.5% VAT = £40…

BigDummy
    Free Member

insured to £200

Because that's what they're worth DAMMIT. 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

indeed 🙂

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Peer pressure and the threat of legal action rather than conscience seems to have been the guiding factor in your decision

psychle
    Free Member

Peer pressure rather than conscience seems to have been the guiding factor in your decision

hardly… look back at the original post I made, I was just asking a fooking question, hadn't made any sort of decision… my 'conscience' has been bothering me on this, I won't deny it, but my head has also been bothering me re. the money (I personally think) I'm losing…

anyway, I said I'm not going to argue or try do 'defend myself' about this, and I'm not going to… you think what you want, good luck and best wishes to you all! 🙂

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Well at least your man enought to admit you made a mistake. 🙂

bruneep

but my head has also been bothering me re. the money (I personally think) I'm losing.

But that is ebay, were you bothered when you got those bars at half price?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Ah yes, the old conscience versus money dilema – always tricky for those with very little conscience.

psychle
    Free Member

But that is ebay, were you bothered when you got those bars at half price?

They were used/second hand, so 50% was about right wouldn't you say?

Ah yes, the old conscience versus money dilema – always tricky for those with very little conscience.

Whatever… and everyone on here is as pure as the driven snow, right? What is it they say about glass houses and all that? Or 'he without any sin?' 🙄 😆

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Ah the old relativism defence – always the justification of those who know they're in the wrong.

I love the way you still can't actually bring yourself to simply admit your mistake without trying to justify it.

We all know it, you know it, but you still can't actually bring yourself to say it can you?

psychle
    Free Member

Que? Are you reading anything in my posts, or just sprouting from the hip?

Not going to go into any of this, suffice to say that I made a mistake, shall learn from it I guess!

Clear enough for you?? I made a mistake, sorry 'bout that… I am repentant, I will say 100 Hail Mary's and flagellate myself for 2 whole hours (actually, that might be fun…) I'll wear a hair shirt whilst riding for the next month, I'll even abstain from sex and self pleasuring as well… anything else you'd like? Maybe a full page ad in the Sunday Times would placate 'Outraged of STW?' 🙄 😆

brakes
    Free Member

this is possibly the most horrendous thing I've heard since Mrs Miggins at number 14 found a milk carton in her neighbour's recycling that hadn't been rinsed out properly
    shame on you

gnusmas

LMAO @ user-removed 🙂

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Que? Are you reading anything in my posts, or just sprouting from the hip?

Yes I am reading your posts. I was just pointing out, as you obviously can't see it, that you still SEEM unrepentant.

You just apologised again, but then you devalued your apology with the Hail Mary stuff. Which is no apology at all.

The next move by the way is for you to transfer all of your rage at being "swindled out of your rightful £200" onto me for pointing out that you're still (in your head) not actually facing up to your responsibilities.

Go ahead. It won't help you though.

julianwilson
    Free Member

£40 dhl is intruiging top say the least: in a few years of hefty ebaying (mostly records and cds) I have only needed to spend that sort of money posting really large packages: in europe particularly Airmail and airsure services are ace and way cheaper.

dgudge, not sure how well you know the postal service over here, but if you are in Sweden, psychle could forget DHL at £40 and instead post the shifters to you by Royal Mail airsure which is fully tracked both in UK and Sweden, signed for and insured for up to £500 for about £12 (plus or minus £1 or so depending on the weight of the package) and it will take 3-5 working days to get to you.

Psychle, I know you are entitled to specify the shipping method if you hadn't already done so in the listing, but you will pay a few quid extra in paypal fees from the mahoosive postage (paypal is chargeable to the whole transaction not just the ebay sale) and lose even more money (to paypal) through this transaction than you feel you already have. You can do all this in 3 minutes over the counter of any post office. (don't forget to tell them the value of the package which add a further £2.50 to the postage price)

Hopefully this should help both of you out. 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

thanks for the top tip… when sending something, I always go with DHL or Parcelforce as they will collect from my work, saves me having to line up in the stupidly long queues at my local post office! dgudge, if you're not happy with the postage, let me know, we'll see what we can work out…

julianwilson
    Free Member

ahhh, share the love….

aracer
    Free Member

look back at the original post I made, I was just asking a fooking question, hadn't made any sort of decision… my 'conscience' has been bothering me on this

Thanks for the tip – I did as you suggested:

What're the repercussions if I just tell the buyer that it's no longer for sale? I'll get a negative feedback I know, but is there anything else (legal challenges or something stupid like that perhaps?)

So it would seem it was something other than conscience which was actually bothering you (or did you put that in quotes because you don't actually have one and it was a euphemism?)

the money (I personally think) I'm losing…

You still haven't answered my previous question though – how much do you think you actually paid for them in the first place? How can you be "losing" money when you got them as part of a bargain deal? I suppose it's a bit like a thief complaining he's losing money because his fence doesn't give him as much as he expects.

If when you've sold lots of bits on ebay you get back more than you paid for the bike will you be going back to who you bought it off to give them a share?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Quote and contradict me if you like, but this is my take on the whole tawdry episode

You got a bike cheap with lots of retro parts and saw a killing to be made

Joined Retrobike as many do to get a valuation and then advertise your auction too.

Saw that something similar had sold for a fair sum and rubbed your hands together

Obviously the auction didn't quite go according to plan,probably a fair few watchers so left it running just to see if it got a last minute rush

Dissappointment now sets in at the potential loss of all that new wealth and possibly your valuation skills

Try to garner support here for a less than honourable action and that also goes awry

I state again due to peer pressure and the threat of legal action you reluctantly honour the sale, but still feel aggrieved

You now try to justify your actions and despite knowing that you have acted improperly try to shift attention by trying to claim you have been bullied

To surmise, you have shit out and that's just the way it goes sometimes especially with these so called retro goodies.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I always go with DHL or Parcelforce as they will collect from my work, saves me having to line up in the stupidly long queues at my local post office!

Or to put it another way, "F*ck it. It's someone else's money I'm spending so why should I bother doing what most reasonable people would do"

timdrayton
    Free Member

oh FFS!

it does do my head in how people still apply the fluffy, pink cardy, one for all and all for one, bikers help each other out, ethos to ebay?

if this had been a forum thing then you could apply your fluffy misty eyed moral rules, but the minute this went on ebay then it became a business transaction.

the seller has to pay fees regardless, it is his item to dispose of as he wishes even after the auction ends, and even if the buyer pays (which he hadnt at the time of the screenshot and angstily worded entry) he can still refund the payment and keep it.

how many times have you bought something and paid for it from a bike shop then had them pull out and advise that it is no longer in stock at that price, but is available in a weeks time for more?

why didnt the buyer use retrobike and buy the item from the seller?

because he wanted to try and get it cheaper.

it was silly not to put a reserve, and really silly not to make it an international sale as this would be your main customer area (europe and the states).

But it is just bits for bikes people, not organs for children.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Tim, maybe you can give us your ebay identity so we can all add you to our don't buy filters too?

timdrayton
    Free Member

timdrayton0

or just check out my profile history

uplink
    Free Member

how many times have you bought something and paid for it from a bike shop then had them pull out and advise that it is no longer in stock at that price, but is available in a weeks time for more?

never

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

why didnt the buyer use retrobike and buy the item from the seller?

Because it wasn't actually for sale on there, just a link to the Ebay auction

cynic-al
    Free Member

Awsome pwnage / bustedness on this thread.

I may have to start a "busted" thread of the week thread. Or perhaps decade.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

cynic-al

Dont you mean busted of the Millennium.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I guess ever.

theboatman
    Free Member

This has been my favourite thread for some time, OP decides a ton is enough to '**** this up and mess some guy around'

it's not like I set up to **** this up and mess the guy around

Decides his own self justification is not enough and then the tide of internet opinion costs him said ton, and the crowd are still baying for it.

sc-xc

that shit looks like a golfer

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 187 total)

The topic ‘eBay sellers – have you ever backed out of a sale?’ is closed to new replies.