Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • eBay seller woes.
  • bruneep

Bought item off eBay turns out it was not as described, seller disputed this. After a flurry of emails I opened a case via eBay.

I was asked to return the item for a full refund, which I have done now the seller says PayPal won’t let him refund me. Is he “at it?” will eBay refund me automatically when the case is due to close?

footflaps

I think Ebay / Paypal is very buyer biased, so you’ll get your money back…

brant
    Free Member

Indeed. I bought an Xbox on Ebay that was busted when it arrived. Case opened, item returned, refund done. Bit of a ball ache but did get sorted.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Should be able to refund at any point in time.

Only thing I can think of is that now you are in ‘dispute’ there might be an ‘official’ channel to go down for the seller, i.e. he/she has to admit the problem.

Sounds like they are pulling a slightly fast one, though wouldn’t worry, I’d be very shocked if you didn’t get the money back.

footflaps

I’m on the other end of this right now, shipped a buyer a genuine item (used) and he’s complained it’s a fake. Ebay can be a right ball ache sometimes…

tails
    Free Member

Say you’re the seller you get paid via paypal then transfer the money to another paypal and press withdraw.

Your original paypal now has a balance of zero, how can the buyer get the money back. As I always do this as a precaution.

Amazing how trusting people are I just sold a leather jacket for £120 paid via paypal gift and a macbook for £450 which they bank transferred. Lucky for them I sent the items!

footflaps

Ebay just withdraw the money from your bank account – they can do this at any time, without asking you.

tails
    Free Member

Ebay just withdraw the money from your bank account – they can do this at any time, without asking you.

Seriously, that’s shocking. What protections do sellers have? Like the gentleman above he sells a genuine item and the unhappy buyer cyys fake. can I instruct my bank to only pay ebay with my authorization.

legend
    Free Member

only pay ebay with my authorization.

I bet you gave that authorisation when you signed up. I know I didn’t read all the t’s&c’s, did you?

bruneep

* checks footfaps profile to see if he my seller *

Nope

footflaps

* checks footfaps profile to see if he my seller *

You’d be fine, I just offer to refund anyone unhappy with a purchase, life is too short to quibble over a few quid.

footflaps

Seriously, that’s shocking. What protections do sellers have? Like the gentleman above he sells a genuine item and the unhappy buyer cyys fake. can I instruct my bank to only pay ebay with my authorization.

Basically, if a seller complains, you lose no matter what, they get a refund automatically (if you don’t do it voluntarily first). They have something mad like 6 weeks to change their mind and demand one as well. It’s just the Ts&Cs of Paypal / Ebay.

Eg in my case, the seller calls my jacket a fake (it’s not, I got it direct from Rab), but I have no choice but to offer a full refund or Paypal / Ebay will just do it for me. You just write it off as bad luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘eBay seller woes.’ is closed to new replies.