Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ebay scammer or 12 year old?
  • richpips
    Free Member

I split a bike recently and put most of it on ebay, with all but one happy customer.

Unhappy customer immediately demanded that his bike was awaiting the brakes he’d won, and would I send them immediately (my terms state post within three days)

So I made sure they were posted signed for next day.

A few days later I get an email saying I am to refund him £30 as he’s taken them to his LBS and they said they need bleeding (I bled them before the sale)

I reply send them back no problems if you’re not happy, but you pay the postage. He replies that he doesn’t want to pay postage, he eventually sends them back.

I receive back, not an empty box or one full of rubbish, but the brakes which are still nicely bled, but without the mounts and bolts.

I send an email via ebay that I have the brakes but not the mounts. No reply for several days.

Yesterday I get an email from another email addy that says he sees the brakes were delivered and can he have his refund to a different paypal account.

I inform him I have not received the brake mounts, so no refund until they arrive.

So if when the mounts arrive should I tell him to file a paypal not as described and refund to the original paypal account.

I presume the alternative is I refund to his new paypal addy, and then he tries to chargeback via his original paypal account?

trail_rat
    Free Member

anything you do only do it via a refund on his original account …

logical
    Free Member

Sounds like they froze his account for some reason. And he’s trying to avoid loosing the money.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    duckman

Yup, do not refund to the account that is not linked to his ebay account. You can issue a refund through paypal itself,that will keep it safe.

bruneep

only refund to the account he paid you from. If the mounts dont show, tell him you will deduct the cost of new ones and refund him the remaining balance.

12yr old.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ebay scammer or 12 year old?’ is closed to new replies.