Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ebay scam or not?
  • albino
    Free Member

Last week I paid for a BIN item on Ebay using Paypal. Today I received an email from the seller (100% feedback of 107 sales) saying that due to them being victims of recent fraud they won't accept Paypal and have refunded my payment. To proceed I will need to pay by bank transfer (within UK).
    What do you think? Dodgy or not?
    It's going to take a while before I can withdraw the original money out of Paypal and it'll cost me to do it as it's only £40.
    Hmmm.
    Cheers

andrewh
    Free Member

Send it to me, I can withdraw it without having pay any fees and then do the bank transfer for you. :mrgreen:

Serious point, not sure why I don't pay fees. Maybe to do with having a verified account? Don't pay fees on paypal gift either which is useful for buying/selling on here.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i think if they have refunded you and not simply sent you money it shouldnt cost you a thing and should go straight back to card. i think ebay says sellers have to take paypal as well so shouldnt have a problem if you want to pull out, ( may be wrong though ). similar thing has happened to me before i sent the p/o and got my item. just took a little longer thats all

rs
    Free Member

I would tell them to jump! you've paid for it fair and square and now they're being dicks about it.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

more to the point i wouldnt have thought being paid through paypal would make you any more suseptable to fraud?

scaredypants

maybe just trying to avoid paypal charges (and possibly sale fee too, if they can cancel it somehow ?)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ebay scam or not?’ is closed to new replies.