Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • eBay refund problem.(echeck)
  • shreck
    Free Member

Bought a frame off eBay which turned out to be cracked in 3 place orange found them before it was resprayed. The seller accepted this and I retuned it,the refund went through as an echeck just got this email today.
    The refund sent by &&&&&£ (c##%%%s@live.co.uk) did not clear from the sender’s bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.
    Not heard back from the seller yet has this happened to any one else and am I covered with eBay if they don’t pay up. The shock that was on the bike is on eBay right now.

shreck
    Free Member

He also tried to get me to close the case,saying the money was on hold and couldn’t refund me until I closed the case which sounded very strange to be.

DezB
    Free Member

Should find the answer here:

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/eua?query=1309

click “call us” and give em a ring.

z1ppy

I’m no expert but closing the case before you’ve been refunded, is not something I’d agree too. I’d be looking into contacting ebay to escalate the issue and reporting his auction, if he has not accurately described the frame including the cracks.

shreck
    Free Member

The frame isn’t back on just the seat post shock and seat clamp,yeah there was no way I was closing the case.

bails

WTF is an echeck? Why didn’t you get the money back through paypal?

neninja
    Free Member

Do not close the case. Once closed a dispute cannot be reopened and you will lose your money.

If you haven’t already you need to escalate it to a claim.

Echecks are the standard means of refunding on Paypal if the seller doesn’t have funds in their Paypal account and the Paypal account is linked to a bank account.

I’m fairly sure you should be covered by Ebay/Paypals buyer protection as long as you returned the frame by a signed for service.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

WTF is an echeck?

An echeck is what happens when PayPal tries to fund from someone’s bank rather than a card, it can take a few days to come through the system.

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty sure ebay will see you right through all this is you followed their rules
    Its good for buyers and shit for sellers IME

shreck
    Free Member

I can’t escalate the case any further until the 11th,got the email today that the refund has failed.

Frankers
    Free Member

I sold some brakes on eBay and even though I listed the hose length the guy who bought them found them too short

As a gesture I agreed he could return them and when received I organised the credit

It took over a week for him to receive the money (thru echeck) in this time I was getting constant emails & calls from the buyer

khani
    Free Member

Sounds like the seller issued the echeck but his bank account didn’t have enough money in it to honour the check, the same as a normal check bouncing
    You’ll have to go through the paypal dispute procedure and they should refund your money then claim it back off the seller

bruneep

ECheque is a shit system, I had to wait 3 wks for a refund from someone off here. No card linked to their account so no instant refund. Funny how when I paid him he got the money instantly. I’m convinced it was all done on purpose.

bencooper
    Free Member

I don’t understand why Paypal do this – When I buy something on Paypal the payment goes immediately (even if there’s no balance in my PP account which there usually isn’t) but refunds take 5 days.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve had this buying something from a well known online bike shop that was advertised as in stock but wasn’t..
    Took the money instantly, then issued a refund that took five days to clear,
    I’ve never used them since and never will again..

bencooper
    Free Member

That’s not their fault – if you pay through most online order systems (including mine) by Paypal, PP take the money from you right away. The retailer usually has no control over that, just like they have no control over how long refunds take.

Paypal is a pain from the retailer’s side as well, not to mention the fees.

khani
    Free Member

I think it’s more a 50/50 thing, they shouldn’t advertise things as in stock if they’re not..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘eBay refund problem.(echeck)’ is closed to new replies.