Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ebay question – slow delivery/feedback
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I bough a spare phone battery off ebay the other week. It was advertised with a 2 or 3 days to despatch and 3-5 days delivery.
    It was apprently despatched a couple of days later, but then took 12 days to get to me. I emailed the vendor after 9 days to ask what was happening, they promptly replied to apologise and reiterate that they had sent it and would send another if nothing happened.
    When it did turn up a couple of days later, I let them know and that I was happy, they’ve now asked me to give themn 5 stars for feedback.

Now, is it fair of me to ask for proof of sending before I give them feedback? If they did send it when promised, and the Royal Mail ballsed up, I don’t mind giving the vendor positive feedback. But it they can’t proove when they sent it, is it cynical of me to assume they lied and give them low feedback?

wwaswas

leave the feedback you think the overall transaction deserves.

if they choose to use cheap postal service then they have to accept the consequences?

vinnyeh

Is it a business?

If they’re selling a lot then one glitch in their feedback won’t worry them.
    They were cooperative with their response, that’s what I’d consider in judging the transaction, not a problem with some postie somewhere.

jota180
    Free Member

5 stars is for exceptional service IMO – not just ‘as described/adequate’

I’d give them 3

Coyote
    Free Member

They are *asking* for feedback? If you aren’t happy, don’t leave it.

davewalsh
    Free Member

What’s the date of the postmark on the envelope compared to the day you placed the order ?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its a generic email they send to all their customers !

have you nothing better to worry about ?

thered

I’m with unfitgeezer, small beer really init

nealglover
    Free Member

If they use the ebay/paypal postage label service, eBay send the “your item is dispatched” email when the postage label is printed.

But when they actually take it to the post office and post it, is not necessarily the same thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ebay question – slow delivery/feedback’ is closed to new replies.