Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • ebay question.
  • jam-bo

i’ve just sold a smallish item on ebay for not a great deal of money.

I’d clearly marked postage down as first class recorded at a cost of £2.

the winner bidder has just asked me if i will refund the postage cost if it is less than £2.

Should I answer with a flat no, or will paypal let me transfer 1p.

Markie
    Free Member

PayPal will let you send 1p, but I don’t think you should. Remember the postage cost also should cover packing / the envelope / whatever.

nealglover
    Free Member

Reply with.

“Postage and packing costs were clearly listed.
    The cost will be £2.”

jam-bo

to be honest, i’m quite tempted to cancel his winning bid and sell to the next guy.

legend
    Free Member

postage = actual postage charge + packaging + getting it to the post office/box. I’m sure you can make that add up to £2

nealglover
    Free Member

Ask him if he will pay more if the postage is more than £2 ?

Then send it by same day motorbike courier for £200.

bruders338
    Free Member

Dont think you should do that he clearly won it…. but i agree with the others its postage and packing and you clearly stated the £2.

His just being cheeky

nickjb
    Free Member

Ask him if he is willing to pay more if the cost of posting, including packaging, is more than £2. Or just tell him to do one.

theocb
    Free Member

If your happy to refund any extra you can just go into your paypal account and refund any amount from the relevant transaction.

Click on refund and put in the relevant amount.

jam-bo

If your happy to refund any extra you can just go into your paypal account and refund any amount from the relevant transaction.

Click on refund and put in the relevant amount.

if i refunded a penny, it would be as a ‘**** you’ statement.

theocb
    Free Member

Exactly. Sometimes easier to just play along with the tight gits.

Markie
    Free Member

Some people are arses. IMO (and IME!), its not worth getting caught up in. A quick note to say no, the cost was for postage and packing and then a moment spent reflecting how amazing eBay is for shifting stuff on by connecting you to a massive marketplace. And that some people are arses.

skids
    Free Member

I would send recorded to someone like that,they might say it never turned up

jam-bo

I would send recorded to someone like that,they might say it never turned up

i send everything recorded, here and ebay.

its for my benefit, not theirs.

eskay

i send everything recorded, here and ebay.

its for my benefit, not theirs.

Me too, I fell foul of postage issues a couple of times on ebay so now everything goes recorded.

monkeyboyjc

people like that really anoy me on ebay – if they’re not happy with the postage costs then they shouldnt bid (or at least take it into account when bidding), i’d at least not give them any feedback on principal.

maccruiskeen

unless your item is very flat its going to cost more than £2 to post 1st class / recorded anyway.

willber
    Free Member

tell him to do one. I once sold a frame on ebay (456) and clearly stated postage would be 20 quid, due to the packaging, actual cost, cost of travel etc. I get an email from a potential bidder saying postage seems high, and if he wins will I refund any postage cost below 20 quid. I answer with a long explanation of why its a fixed cost. Same guy then goes and wins the item and commences a long drawn out argument about me tryig to rip him off over postage – in the end I binned him off and sold the frame privately to someone else. I concluded that if this guy was such a ****’head over postage, he’d be a nightmare when he recieved the frame.

andypaul99
    Free Member

postage is whatever you want it to be, id calculate the postage on time and cost of packaging, travel to the post office..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ebay question.’ is closed to new replies.