Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • eBay query- buy it now vs offers
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Put my lads bmx on eBay for £130 buy it now but with offers
    Got an offer of £110 and spoke to the lad while out this morning and we agreed the deal and a meet etc
    When I got home logged onto eBay and someone had offered the full amount!
    What’s the craic?
    I’ve messaged the bin person to say sorry I’ve already sold it as it seems the right thing to do but he’s not responded-

Rscott
    Free Member

You’ve done the right thing. he may not have logged on or just be a bit miffed.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Can he damage my rating?

galactus
    Free Member

As far as I concerned,you have an obligation with the person who won the auction.
    If you had accepted the “best offer” through eBay,then there wouldn’t have been the option to “buy it now”…..
    Yes he can leave negative feedback.
    Id be miffed to find out you had accepted someone else’s offer(when according to eBay I had won) without closing the auction first.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

…but you would also be miffed if you’d spoken on the phone and agreed a deal only to have someone offer the buy I now price before I got home to close the auction!

Bit of a nightmare

tomhoward

I’d sell to the bin guy, if the offer guy wanted it that badly he would have paid the full price. Who paid first?

neiloxford
    Free Member

Sell it to the guy you made the contract with in ebays eyes, otherwise negative rating etc will likely follow.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

No body has paid its cash on collection
    The offer guy made a offer which I made a counter offer so I suppose he could have closed it but relied on me ending when I got home

galactus
    Free Member

I agree, definately a bit of a nightmare!
    Hope you end up keeping both potential buyers happy 😀
    Oh, and keep your rating on eBay.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Which would you feel most comfortable doing? Feedback is pants. If the buyer leaves negative you have the option to explain things in the feedback.
    Are you so ruled by the interweb you’re prepared to be an arse?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Tbh I don’t use eBay much so it’s not the end of the world but just trying to get my head round it

taxi25
    Free Member

Pretty simple really you’ve agreed a deal honour that. Just tell the new bidder the bikes no longer for sale, its not a problem. Your words got to be worth more than £20 surely ???

pop-larkin
    Free Member

That’s the approach I’ve taken it’s just I’ve not heard anything from the BIN chap so wondering what he can do as far as feedback etc

Northwind

There’s no right or simple way out tbh, you’ve committed to sell it to 2 people. You can’t get out of this without breaking a deal, so, decide the one you want to break.

Frankly with ebay, sale isn’t final til there’s pounds in your pocket, there’s still a reasonable chance one won’t come through…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘eBay query- buy it now vs offers’ is closed to new replies.