Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay Queeries
  • Rscott
    Free Member

I sold an item over ebay, Seller is saying it is not as described, I have offered a full refund on the item, but do I refund before I receive the item. Although the item had more than enough macro pictures and i did say sold as seen.

I took a hit on the postage, should I expect them to return it with the same service.

isitafox
    Free Member

Don’t refund anything until you have it back in your possession in the exact condition you sent it in!

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you don’t accept fault then ask him to pay.

He may open a dispute.

Rscott
    Free Member

Im not bothered to much about refunding i just expect it to come back using the same service, And if the item comes back and his complain is’t justified do I have a come back from wasting my time.

Rscott
    Free Member

Buyer now wants me to refund him the full amount including postage, Which is fine, but wants me to pay the returns postage as well. surely me refunding him his original postage and sale amount covers all of the expenses.

stumpy01

Is it as you described it? I.e. Is he trying it on?

I would be tolerant up to a point, before telling him to get bent.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Is it as you described it? I.e. Is he trying it on?

Thats the crux here. If it genuinely not as described then you should pay both sets of postage and refund. If he’s trying it on/bought the wrong thing, misread your description etc he should be the return costs.

nickjb
    Free Member

Thats the crux here. If it genuinely not as described then you should pay both sets of postage and refund. If he’s trying it on/bought the wrong thing, misread your description etc he should be the return costs.

Agree. ebay generally sides with buyers but even they don’t expect the seller to pay return postage. A lot of sellers use a collection service these days to cover themselves though.

It really comes down to what you said and how generous you feel. Using words like ‘mint’ or ‘good’ to describe the condition leaves you open to interpretation.

Also generally you refund once returned, although I think this is wrong.

Rscott
    Free Member

the product was described as used, in good condition however do have some wear marks, and listed these areas, also backed up with pictures, i even backed up them working with pictures.

I feelhe is deffinatly trying it on as he has requested a discount rather than accepting the refund.

tonyd

In that case tell him to send the item back at which point you’ll refund the selling price and original postage costs. He can return at his own cost. 10-1 he’ll disappear.

Rscott
    Free Member

Thats what I’ve done he’s is now accusing my of trying to scam him and sending me abuse, I am currently reporting him to the trust and safety team

whatnobeer
    Free Member

In that case tell him to send the item back at which point you’ll refund the selling price and original postage costs. He can return at his own cost. 10-1 he’ll disappear.

Thats what I’ve done he’s is now accusing my of trying to scam him and sending me abuse, I am currently reporting him to the trust and safety team

Bingo!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Queeries’ is closed to new replies.