Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay problem – parcelforce doesn't recognise buyers address
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Sold something on eBay that’s big enough to need to go by parcelforce. As I’m away a colleague has taken it to the post office for me, and their system doesn’t recognise the guys address so they can’t take it. The address is a Haven caravan site care of the reception, (I’ve checked the place out and it’s a real place, with some people living there permanently or seasonally so I’m happy,enough sending it there). Anyone encountered this problem before?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Yeah, I sent some stuff via Parcelforce to a fancy sounding address that the system didn’t recognise. They won’t accept unless they’re get an exact match, it’s not like a postie who knows his patch.

However I my case I know the guy in the post-office quite well and he actually spoke to the recipient. All houses have a house number, just people don’t use them so ‘the Glanton’ turned magically into ‘4, the high street’…

Caravan park might be different though, never.tried to post there, I suspect it might be tricky.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I had something similar at the post office. Guy behind the counter refused to take the parcel because of an incorrect address. It wasn’t, he’d just typed the wrong post code in.

allthegear
    Free Member

Just use the address of the Campsite as marked as contact address on their website?

Cougar

Could ring the campsite and ask them for advice, see if there’s a slightly different way of phrasing their address or something? It’s presumably not the first time they’ll have encountered this issue if they’ve got permanent residents who buy stuff off the internet.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good call, I’ll phone them.

EDIT – Duff postcode from seller, parcelforce recognises the correct one. Should have checked that first thing 😳

Cougar

Duff postcode from seller

Erm. That’d be you, then? (-:

Jamie
    Free Member

Better give yourself neg feedback, OP.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh FFS! Duff postcode from buyer. I’m going back to bed.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m going back to bed.

Assuming you can find it 😀

Cougar

*polite applause*

thegreatape
    Free Member

*begrudging applause*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay problem – parcelforce doesn't recognise buyers address’ is closed to new replies.