Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay problem – help please.
  • squin
    Free Member

My missus has sold a premium brand handbag on Ebay. Woman who won asked no questions before winning the auction. She now claims it’s a fake and Paypal have suspended the money. It’s not a fake as was bought in Hoopers in Wilmslow. It was years ago, we don’t have the receipt and seem to think it was paid in cash so can’t trace via CC etc. Where do we stand, it’s our word against hers, but surely you can start asking questions post auction win, are ebay likely to rule in our favour or the buyers?

loddrik
    Free Member

If it’s genuine just refund her and relist it. If you are sure it’s real then it’ll sell. Just put something about why you’ve relished it in the description. It pays to be honest and upfront. Dont see a problem, just make sure she returns the bag before you issue the refund.

br
    Free Member

Agree with the previous, call her bluff and just tell her to send it back and you’ll refund all costs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah you’re probably screwed this time, do as loddrik says.

fivespot
    Free Member

Even if she wins the case, she still has to return the bag to you before Paypal release the held funds back to her account. If you do end up getting the bag back, readvertise with an honest description as you have above, good luck.

uplink
    Free Member

Have you shipped it yet?
    If not do as Loddrik says

If you have – get it back but be careful, all they need is a signature to say it’s gone back & Paypal will reimburse them
    Photograph any parcel carefully that you receive back, it’s not unknown for scammers to simply send anything back just for the sig

squin
    Free Member

We’re totally sure it’s genuine, I was there when she bought it. The reason that we are a little unsure about her returning it is that for all we know, she could be trying to swap a fake one for our genuine one, we wouldn’t be able to tell if the bag returned was the one we sent as it was hardly used and there are no distinguishing marks that could identify it. She could be trying to con a genuine one out of us and pocket her money. I know this may sound paranoid, but she seems a little quick to cry ‘fake’ without having asked any questios pre-sale.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

She has probably swapped it for her fake one.

geoffj

She has probably swapped it for her fake one.

+1

eBay is very twitchy about fake stuff. I think you may have to mark this one down to experience and move on I’m afraid.

kaesae
    Free Member

Did you take photo’s of your bag when you listed it and have you blocked this person from bidding on anything else you sell?

kaesae
    Free Member

Feebay is a complete joke if you’re a seller, I wouldn’t trust any of those incompetent scum bags, as far as I could throw the moon!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez hadn’t thought of that scam.

No shortage of ****s in this life eh?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay problem – help please.’ is closed to new replies.