Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay problem buyer from Bolton.
  • teamyeti
    Free Member

Has anybody had dealings with a buyer called goldplaterco from bolton, the problem generally starts with him saying that your item is too expensive, he usually ask several questions then becomes abusive and intimidating,if you dont agree to his price he wiil buy it anyway using buy it now, with no intention of paying for it, causing hassle and financial implications to the seller.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Report him to ebay. Well done for naming and shaming, but no experience of them here.

ski
    Free Member
    teamyeti
    Free Member

you can block bidders but the problem is he will return with a new identity, no feedback etc,and start it again, ebay are doing nothing to help sellers in my opinion.

ski
    Free Member

I understand your problem now teamyeti

What about if you decide to list fixed price (BIN) listings, you can add the *Immediate Payment Required* option. This way, if the *0* feedback buyer doesn’t pay, your listing is still active for the next buyer to purchase.

Otherwise I don’t know, sorry

teamyeti
    Free Member

Thanks for that ski, i was curious to see if he had done this to other members on here and how they dealt with it, thanks.

skidartist
    Free Member

So what you are saying is that he is targeting your auctions specifically? Or are you Bolton based too and he’s mucking about with auctions that are local to you.

If any of his actions are genuinely abusive record them and report it to eBay and the the police. If it seems like its your eBay ID specifically that he’s targetting then I think you can change your ID while retaining your feedback / rating, which might stop him from being able to seek out your future auctions

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i had a guy like this before, just ignore his rants, he will get bored and move onto someone else. good luck mate!

MrNutt
    Free Member

why do I never find any of these wonderful specimens? I cou;d have loads of fun with that! 😈

teamyeti
    Free Member

bang!!!

hora
    Free Member

I had a buyer from Bolton who wanted to try the forks I sold him for a few weeks to ensure they were sound before leaving feedback etc. I remember thinking go on……break them then say its my fault hey?

Then! Selling some Toyo Proxes tyres and it brought out all the MaxPower-types. Even though the ad said COLLECTION ONLY I had a few who were almost OCD in there ‘arrange courier mate/look we’ll arrange a courier’ or ‘£30 for the lot’ (even though current bidding was £80. Sheesh

teamyeti
    Free Member

Thanks Hora, one of the same i presume, somebody on here will know him im sure.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay problem buyer from Bolton.’ is closed to new replies.