• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ski.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ebay postage question?
  • ski
    Free Member

I have been on eBay fora few years and until today, I have had no problems on setting postage costs.

But today, I listed some DVD's and got the following message:

Domestic postage cannot be higher than £0.00

I guess I will just have to go for free postage and raise the starting price, but it does seem a bit strange I cannot state a postage charge?

Has anyone come across this?

woody2000

Have you ticked free p&p or something?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Not read the emails eBay sent you changing their terms and conditions?

Bssically for the good of the "free market" all 'media' now has to have free postage.

Not sure whay that's meant to be so great. But they've decided.

So yes, just jack up the starting price by a quid or so, like everyone else is going to do. Then eBay can get a little bit more of your auction price as they don't get anything off postage costs.

fivespot
    Free Member

I have come accross this when listing some old motocross magazines. If I chose the magzine/book catagory, the postage limit was £2.65. If I changed catagory to motorbike spares, I could choose any postage amount I liked. ebay make the largest wedge of their profit from the Final Value Fee, which does'nt include postage. So by keeping postage costs down, and thus peaople will bid more for an item, for which ebay gets a slice of the Final Value Fee. Hope this helps.

ski
    Free Member

Thanks for that, think I might just not bother with Ebay and dump the lot off with CEX!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ebay postage question?’ is closed to new replies.