Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebay postage issue.
  • AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought an eBay auction item that finished with my bid being the only one and the item had free postage. The item didn’t arrive but a note from Royal Mail saying it had insufficient postage and to release the item £1.11 is required.
    I have contacted the seller who said he was sorry but the item was a bargain.
    I subsequently replied that I had only expected to pay £0.99 and it was a matter of principle. He replied asking what he should do.
    Am I being a complete arse over the whole thing and suck it up or should I press the seller to foot the excess bill?

properbikeco
    Free Member

just pay to get it then neg him

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sellers responsibility to make sure the item gets to you. If you can really be arsed for 99p raise a claim with ebay to get funds to cover the cost or if don’t want to wait pay the quid extra and leave bad feedback or just threaten the seller saying you’ll leave bad feedback unless he sends you payment via paypal.

seavers
    Free Member

I’d pay and neg too.

bruneep

Last time I had this £1.11 charge, the eldest son had put wrong stamp on a mothers day card. 🙄 I handed over a £20 note to pay the £1.11 charge as they had no change, they just told me to pay the next time I was passing.

😀 aye right.

nuke

Last item I won at 99p was a pair of Nikes…frankly I was impressed he sent them to me as I was quite sure he’d come up with some excuse and back out of the sale

So I’d just pay and, if as described, probably leave no feedback; no biggy in the big scheme of things so I don’t see why not to cut them some slack

mudshark
    Free Member

I recently had to pay this for a card – the attached badge made it too thick for normal rate.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s a bit silly really – he’s only underpaid by 11p, which I would have thought was a letter/large letter mistake.

oliverracing

Had it for my 21st birthday – my great aunt decided to stick a £20 note plus a £1 coin in the card to make it £21! Sadly the £1 coin meant it was over weight for the postage so cost me £1.11…

mudshark
    Free Member

No wonder the Royal Mail share price has been going up recently

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebay postage issue.’ is closed to new replies.