Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebay PITA
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I probably know the answer,

Sold an HD camcorder 6 months ago on ebay via a mate – was 2 years old at the time – was in perfect condition and working order (hardly used that’s why I sold it).

The owner (a mate also bought it for him) contacted my mate and says he used it twice in the first few months and was fine – then used it at Christmas and it doesn’t work – he went into a camera shop? to get the charger and battery tested and they are fine.

I am now unsure what he want me to do? its 2 1/2 years old and he’s had it for 6 months?

tron
    Free Member

Tell the buyer to swivel.

MikeG

he’s had it six months?

tell him to jog on.

Jamie
    Free Member

Politely, as there is no need to be rude, tell him/her that it is no longer your problem.

MartynS

what jamie says..!

really not your problem any more.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I left a message on his answer phone suggesting I am confused to why he is trying to contact me/my mate as it was working fine when I sold it and for the first few months?

Maybe its not about a refund – maybe its just if it can be fixed or something simple but I don’t think I cam be of any help TBH! I did use my backup mobile not my main phones !

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe its not about a refund – maybe its just if it can be fixed or something simple but I don’t think I cam be of any help responsible TBH!

😉
    The buyer has had more than enough time to test it, they’ve got no chance.

higgo
    Free Member

I would (politely) tell them to FRO.

foxyrider
    Free Member

True – yes I will if it comes to it – Just confused as I would be annoyed yes but as with all purchases (new or second hand) if they fail out the warranty then you either try and fix them or have to replace them – If/when he phones I expect all will become clear – one way or another ❓

Eggbox
    Free Member

If the buyer wanted a warranty maybe the high street or buying “new” would have been a better idea than Ebay.

Some buyers on Ebay have very strange expectations. Tell him to log an ebay case if he grumbles. It will get laughed at.

zokes
    Free Member

Tell him to log an ebay case if he grumbles. It will get laughed at.

Given how biassed towards the buyer eBay has become, I wouldn’t count on that….

Junkyard
    Free Member

might feel bad but stuff breaks and you have no idea what they did with ti the moral is never sell things that can break to mates…a gearbox went on a car i gave [FREE} to a mate after 4 months use and he expected me to both pay towards fixing it and help him fit it…i suggested i would take the £60 scrap value of the car from him which was not well received.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You are a private seller, the buyer bought as second hand AND it is six months after he bought it?

As above – tell them to forget it, tough luck, that’s what happens to stuff sometimes.

Some people!

mike_p
    Free Member

Why should you care what’s happend to his camcorder? Don’t even bother replying to him.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Update:

Phoned him – Seemed a bit slow on the uptake – was under the impression it still was under warranty? I bundled all the bumf into the box which I had kept inc the old warraty card.

I think his mate may have suggested to him it was new but it was 2 years old when I sold it. It was advertised as used but in good condition – after explaining the situation on the phone to him and that although he had had it for only 6 months there was no warranty and “I am afraid yes I was sorry it had died but that is the way of things” – I even offered him the service centre number but suggested it probably was not viable to to it economically.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebay PITA’ is closed to new replies.