Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ebay payments
  • z1ppy

Watching a bike with a “Cash on collection only” in the description & an excessive postage (I guess to encourage the cash on collection), but what can the buyer do if you paid via paypal?
    As I’d prefer not to be wandering around with 1K plus in cash in an unknown area, a long way from home.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Keep the money and the bike.

You may find your Paypal refund request is declined on some grounds?

bigyinn
    Free Member

If it says cash on collection its either dodgy or the buyer has been stung previously.
    Drop them a message to let them know you’re genuine and try and sus them out. Do they seem genuine? Do they know what they are talking about?
    Otherwise dont bid, its not compulsory!

z1ppy

Looks genuine, I assumed it was to avoid the secondary ebay tax (paypal) rather than a scam. It’s for my own piece of mind I’d prefer not to turn up with a lots of cash.

Dooosuk, why/how would a refund be declined?

dazz
    Free Member

I’ve asked for cash on collection in the past, if it’s something they’re collecting they might as well bring the money, as already mentioned it saves the tax they call paypal fees. I had a buyer pay via paypal for a bike once, so I just asked them if they’d mind bringing cash on collection & refunded the payment, to be honest I always pay cash if it’s something I’m collecting, you have the chance to inspect whatever it is you’re buying so it seems fair to me.

Check their history of you’re worried, just keep your wits about you if you’re going to collect.

Cougar

I had a buyer pay via paypal for a bike once

Risky doing that together with a collection. They could claim non-delivery and reverse the transaction, and you’ve no proof of sale.

dazz
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

I had a buyer pay via paypal for a bike once

Risky doing that together with a collection. They could claim non-delivery and reverse the transaction, and you’ve no proof of sale.

That’s why I do cash on collection.

jonba
    Free Member

it is also why I do cash on collection.

Not dodgy normally, you see the item, you pay, minimal risks. If you are worried about the money issue then take a friend.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve always done cash on collection when selling on ebay….i can be quite forgetful at times and wouldn’t want to keep a buyer waiting for their purchase on account of me being too busy/lazy to send it off straight away…
    also they can come and inspect the item before they buy it so it rules out the inconvenience of refunding/returning by post etc…
    as a buyer i do the same for the above reason..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ebay payments’ is closed to new replies.