Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay payment etiquette
  • fatboyjon

Morning all, I put something on Ebay this week at a buy it now price then got offered a much lower price via message. After a load of haggling, we agreed a price so I amended the listing to include a best offer option on the proviso that he pay that day. He made the offer, I accepted and now he isn’t answering messages and obviously hasn’t paid. How long is a reasonable time before I cancel the sale and re-list it?

Cheers folks.

legend
    Free Member

In that situation about 5mins. ime when someone contacts me like that it just leads to a pain so I don’t entertain it at all

chilled76
    Free Member

I’d give him 24-48 hours. Might have just gone into a night shift after or something.

onandon
    Free Member

Agree with legend. You’ll get pissed about so move on.

sandwicheater

I’ve paid after 48 hours (bivy trip, forgot i’d placed a bid) so that’s the time i give others. After that, just move on.

kayla1
    Free Member

Yeah, chalk it up and move on. I got belled about by a massive arsehole earlier this month to tune of £1000 (offered, accepted, ignored…) I got my final fee credited though after opening a ‘not paid’ case. I suspect the account used to ‘buy’ the thing was a second account (low feedback) used by said arsehole to make his primary account lowball ‘offer’ more appealing after I’d been ‘messed about’. Arsehole.

stevie750

48hrs then relist and block the buyer so he can’t do it again

ulysse
    Free Member

My blocked bidders list is nigh on 2 pages… Strangely some of the earliest ones are NRU’d

chakaping
    Free Member

These arseholes should be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Make sure you block the ****, as many of us have our accounts set not to accept bids from people with two or more black marks.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Isn’t there an option on the buy-it-now to require immediate payment otherwise it tays up for sale – tick that next time (sorry, I know that doesn’t help with this one!).

Yeah, don’t bother chasing, despite the ‘legally binding agreement’ bs about winning auctions just flog it to someone else. If you did manage to force him/her to pay up, don’t be surprised that it arrived ‘damaged’ or ‘not as described’ (or even worse, a ‘fake’).

But please add to block list and mark as a non-payer. That helps the whole community keep these idiots at bay. You’ll not lose any costs if you do it all properly through eBay.

fatboyjon

Well, surprise surprise, the buyer got back to me today saying he desperately wanted the item for Saturday, was that possible. I replied it was if he paid straight away as I could send it today. He’s since come back offering 10% less than the sale price. Sale now cancelled and eejit blocked.

kayla1
    Free Member

😆 FRO, and when you get there FRO some more sunshine!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

48 hours, unpaid item case
    4 later days close the case

as per the rules

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay payment etiquette’ is closed to new replies.