Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ebay Oakleys – any good?
  • cuberider
    Free Member

These imitation Oakley’s look good. Anyone tried them?

thehustler
    Free Member

try the nforum search function……

jam-bo

they look like DX foakleys that can be had for £10.

mine fell apart after a couple of lens changes.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes, they are good.

But that seller is buying them in bulk from china and upping his price. Look for the chinese ones and they will come slightly slower but be the same.

atlaz
    Free Member

My fakes are fine, not perfect but better than most cheapo glasses

speaker2animals

They look to be the Deal Extreme ones. I have three pairs (they were £11 on DX but did take 2 months but hey). I have no issues with mine look pukka to me. BTW don’t deliberate too long. DX have no Faux-kleys on site at moment and a pair of “Fast Jacket” alikes I had on order I have cancelled as they contacted me to say they did not know when they would have new stock.

I’m not keen on buying pirate stuff but it’s done now. I am glad that I didn’t fork out £200 for Jawbones. I like them but the full frame I find isn’t as good on road for looking back for traffic and my genuine M-Frames.

Hoping that DX will be able to knock up some Radar Locks in the not too distant (in fact I’m even considering some genuine ones).

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I got a pair of them, and some DX ones – the ebay ones are a bit more money but seem of better “quality” and you get spare nose bridges/clips, instructions etc etc which I didn’t get with the DX ones.

njee20
    Free Member

Hoping that DX will be able to knock up some Radar Locks in the not too distant (in fact I’m even considering some genuine ones).

Imagine the tolerances would need to be rather tight if they replicate the ‘locking’ system, can’t see that happening myself.

Radar Locks solves a non-existent problem too IMO, you still have to handle the lenses to fit them, just get normal Radars and have done with it!

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I got a pair off ebay, I paid £20, got them in a couple of days. They seem ok to me. Never had a pair of oakleys to compare to but I’m happy with them.

TiRed

Same here. Arrived quickly, look well made (no rough edges), lens changing is pretty straightforward, hinges are tight, painting (Blue ‘O’) is well done. Optically the lenses look fine, haven’t tested for UV transmission, but I almost always ride with yellow anyway. I don’t have a real pair to compare with.

I wanted a pair to see if our lab can glaze a set of prescription lenses. I’m +5 and +2.75, so outside of Oakley’s normal range. Was really more an academic interest, as I’ve just bought some Rydons and will have a high density insert glazed.

cuberider
    Free Member

Arrived today. Pretty good for the price. Why would you pay £200 for a genuine pair?!

Really wonder how they are getting away with it. Seems no attempt has been made to alter the Oakley branding and designs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ebay Oakleys – any good?’ is closed to new replies.