• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • eBay muppets
  • beefheart
    Free Member

Sold some wheels on eBay yesterday (or thought I did), only to receive this today.

Hi mate really sorry my car as just been rightin off some woman went in the back of me so would be pointless me traveling 2 hours without a car sorry again m8

jimjam
    Free Member

Tell him to arrange for a courier. And some spelling lessons.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Petrol cost for 2 hour (each way?) journey compared to courier cost?

euans2
    Free Member

Who’s to say he hasn’t just crashed the car?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Ask for photographic evidence .

wwaswas

call their bluff and offer to deliver as he’ll be ‘in the area’?

cookeaa

Hold on OP, he contacted you within 24hrs to say he couldn’t pick up the item and was happy to let it go, what’s the actual issue?

So you didn’t get the immediate sale, but a 2nd chance offer to the runner up bidder shouldn’t be too much bother should it?

taxi25
    Free Member

Because he’s lying thats why. Had the same with a bike sale but it was his wifes car that got written off. A lot of buyers are suspicious about being offered second chance. And relisting an item seems to make it less desirable for some reason 🙁

iamsporticus
    Free Member

taxi25 – Member
    Because he’s lying thats why. Had the same with a bike sale but it was his wifes car that got written off. A lot of buyers are suspicious about being offered second chance. And relisting an item seems to make it less desirable for some reason

Agreed

globalti
    Free Member

I sold a crankset but the buyer didn’t pay. When I reminded him that it was usual to pay within a day or so of winning he gave me feedback: “Hi really sorry but did not bid on ur item but for some resson it say I have one”

****t.

beefheart
    Free Member

I think the worst thing (apart from his spelling and grammar) is him expecting me to believe his half arsed lie.
    If he was honest and just said he’d changed his mind I wouldn’t be too fussed.
    It is a ball ache though, as 2nd chance bidders are never too keen, and I’ll have to wait until after Xmas now as I’m going away next week.

DezB
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘eBay muppets’ is closed to new replies.