Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • eBay Levi 501's – real or fake?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

I’m too old to worry about hipster jeans and Levi 501’s fit me just fine however the £85 high street price is a little steep.
    Lots of pairs on eBay for £45ish which seems too good to be true, and there’s a saying about that… However, jeans can be had a lot cheaper abroad, so potentially these could be real. Any thoughts?

bruneep

they could be, but then again they could not..might be samples.

LeeW
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s plenty of Levi outlets about that have a huge stock, and do two pairs for £95. I’m sure there will be one near you.

maccruiskeen

They’re very cheap in Costco, I’ve seen them there for less than £30. However, not all Levis 501s are the same, some of the genuine ones are pretty poor quality, spec and variable in fit – not factory seconds but made to poor specifications. You’d actually struggle to know if you had a fake or not as the real ones are so variable.

Seems nuts really – Levis have fought to hard to protect their brand in the past, and now they’re undermining it by selling any old shit as their flagship garment

cozz
    Free Member

they can vary

I have prob bought around 25 pairs over the years

about half them while living in the US

bought some few months back from a local wholesaler, they would have to be legit, but seem a lesser weight denim than others I have had

so a budget 501 does seem to exist, £31 a pair they were (plus VAT) i think

stumpy01

They quite often have 501s in TK Maxx for a decent price.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘eBay Levi 501's – real or fake?’ is closed to new replies.