• This topic has 50 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wzzzz.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • eBay issue with a buyer…… hoof in the slats? or inform eBay?
  • aikon
    Free Member

Worth pushing for a full return if he continues to dispute, he’s listed the 32gb card for sale: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182512513102

Cougar

he’s listed the 32gb card for sale:

At four quid above retail, he’ll be lucky.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just ring eBay up. They’ll close the case in your favour imo

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    batfink
    Free Member

This is all nonsense – He’s got you arguing about video formats ffs!

The point is that he paid for a camera, that came with a memory card – he received items exactly as described.

His issue seems to be that the items he purchased (in particular the memory card), although exactly as described, were not suitable for his requirements…… which is entirely his problem.

somafunk

Well i got a another message from him yesterday…..

Actually i think that was overkill, the service was excellent apart from that one point. if you can be bothered to ask ebay i’m willing to remove the negative feedback. Can’t find a way from my end.

I’ll message eBay when i get home t’night to see what they say about the matter.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Although his behaviour was very uncool, at least he’s had a word with himself and now acknowledged that, which is more than a lot of people are capable of these days.

martinhutch

Haven’t worked out how yet, but an Ebayer moving from complete dick to reasonable in the space of 24 hours?

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Looks like it should be resolved now. I was thinking:
    Buy the card back. Say it never came. Get refund. Sell it for £10. Offer him £10 refund for original purchase. You could threaten negative feedback as a bonus too.
    But that’s just me…

Cougar

I’m reminded of a tale from my early days of working in tech support back in the mid-90s.

Customer rang complaining about their new computer, saying it didn’t have a video card. I spent, oh, a good 20 minutes with him ascertaining that he had a fully working PC; he had a display therefore he had a video card, there were no holes at the back indicating that something was missing, etc etc. Then he indignantly asked, “well, where do I put my tapes in, then?”

Goods have to be as described, not “fit for purpose” where purpose is some random usage they’ve made up. What are you supposed to be contacting Ebay about exactly?

Jamie
    Free Member

but an Ebayer moving from complete dick to reasonable in the space of 24 hours?

Sobered up?

wzzzz
    Free Member

I would always state: Item is as described, sorry I am not a business and I do not accept returns as is stated on the listing (always select “no returns” when listing). Sometimes eBay sides with a buyer and forces a return.

Don’t enter any arguments.

If he leaves a neg, so what? Just sign up for a new eBay account if it really bothers you.

Always keep a £0 paypal balance. They cannot take money from your card without your authorization.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘eBay issue with a buyer…… hoof in the slats? or inform eBay?’ is closed to new replies.